RGA vs Lexmark -- was: Worst Sequel of all Time [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RGA vs Lexmark -- was: Worst Sequel of all Time

Lexmark3200
08-04-2005, 03:20 PM
I voted for Batman and Robin, my gawd what a horrible all-around abortion of a movie that was.

And the nipples on the batsuit, WTF was that all about?! Maybe this was one of the deleted scenes:

Robin: Holy refugee camp! I'm starving Batman!
Batman: Hang in there boy wonder, I've got just the thing. I'm wearing my new Batlactator suit! Here, suck on one of these...
Robin: IIIIIIIIIIII ddddon't knnnnow, those don't look very safe to me.
Batman: Oh man, did you catch me in the batcave nursing myself? You weren't supposed to see that!
Robin: Yeah, talk about disturbing sights! You know I'm not down with double dipping, so why you offering me those sagging flesh sacks? You wash those skanky pointers before you go about offering them to someone, okay?
Batman: Sorry 'bout that! Next time, I'll remember to bring an extra energy bar.

I thought the series was buried and gone after the Batman and Robin debaucle. Thankfully, the studio allowed some time for that stench to air out, and totally reboot the series with Christopher Nolan's almost miraculously good Batman Begins.

Some other stinker sequels that come to mind:

Speed II
Under Seige II
Beverly Hills Cop III
Another 48 Hours
Superman III & IV
Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions
Jurassic Park II
Robocop II & III
Rambo II & III (First Blood was actually a good movie)

Yeah, I'll second that vote for SPEED 2 (MAN was that horrible and COMPLETELY unnecessary) and UNDER SIEGE II (COMPLETELY unnecessary and NOTHING like the original). AND Jurassic Park: The Lost World, too. All good examples of horrible sequels, yes, agreed.

Although, I gotta say.....I LIKED Beverly Hills Cop III......

Lexmark3200
08-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Oh and based on this ORIGINAL list of:

The Howling II
Godfather III
Aliens III
Star Wars Episode I
Batman Forever, Batman & Robin
Men in Black II
Home Alone II & III
Star Treks 3, 5 & Generations (pheh)
Terminator III
Revenge of the Nerds II

I'll agree with STAR WARS EPISODE I as sucking, BATMAN AND ROBIN, the HOME ALONES (did these even NEED to be made at all? Jesus Christ, talk about BAD CINEMA....), STAR TREK V....

But, I will disagree with these because I enjoyed them as sequels:

STAR TREK III & GENERATIONS, TERMINATOR 3 (actually loved it and its a go-to demo disc in my collection as one of the best Dolby Digital soundtracks you will ever hear.....crank this one up and hold on) and REVENGE OF THE NERDS II.....I actually LIKED that one; NOWHERE as good as the first, but it was a good sequel in my opinion when they're in Miami Beach.....

I dont like the Godfather, Alien, Howling or Men in Black films (outside of the first one) so I cant comment on those.

RGA
08-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Lexmark

Man apparently any Hack can work for these magazines. You seem to think that if anyone does not like a film that ytou like they just don't understand it. And your so-called interviews with directors like Mastow are supposed to then validate your view because HE said that he was going for an action film -- I don't give a rat's ass if the film departs from the original Terminator it still has to be a good movie in its own right and it wasn't.

Then you start on about anyone can like any movie for their own reasons which is true -- and I don't mind if someone thinks Rocky V is the best film ever made. Nevertheless, Art as well as film is not completely devoid of objective criticism and SHOULD be rationally justified in the barest of literary reference. When discussing films like Citizen Kane, a film I like but don't hold as high as many or most of the criticism establishment, I would attempt to write why I don't view it to be as good as others believe it to be.

You are a DVD video and sound reviewer I gather fas you feel the need to quote famous critics who "like" whatever film your reviewing. Film critics rarely feel the need to do that because if they were good critics they could articulate their views of a film all by themselves. I have zero interest in DVD surround sound effects and whether the mixing was good or not and I really don't get bothered by the visual artifacts on Aliens etc. I would never ever by a crappy movie just because the sound and picture are fantastic - and I would by a good movie ptractically no matter how crappy the video and sound is.

There is a big difference between being a film critic and being a sound and vision critic. maybe magazines don't care but at least DVD Town has John J Puchio who I corresponded with a number of times about becoming a film critic [ Teacher, English and Film Studies, retired. Classical Music Editor, $ensible Sound magazine. Review Editor, DVDTown.com. Member, Online Film Critics Society]

Again I don't care which movies you like but as a film critic you've made very few insights about any of the films you've posted. That is fine because you have previously stated you're reviewing DVD quality -- which some no doubt find very valuable though I don't presonally see why. If my favorite movie is Z and the picture and sound isn;t that great I'm still going to buy it -- and if some movie is totally terrible then no matter how great the DVD bonus and pictyure and sound is -- i'm not going yto buy it. Not much different than Brittany Spears putting out a terrific Reference Recording master quality recording -- it's still her. And if Something great I like came out in Mono I'd buy it.

I mean you're defending movies like Rocky V and Halloween 2. I suppose some people are going to care about the quality of these DVD's but the movies themselves are rubbish. And YES they are -- Mind you I like a few Rubbish movies -- but I know they're bad movies -- they're called guilty pleasures. The Sean Connery movie Outland for example isn't very good but I enjoy watching it nevertheless.

Lexmark3200
08-08-2005, 09:11 AM
LMFAO.....now THIS reply was really hilarious, RGA.....you are a complete ignorant ass for the statements you make below and display NO credibility in this art for whatsoever: let me explain and detail what I mean because you are really one of a kind, sir.....

"Man apparently any Hack can work for these magazines."

I'm a HACK? Far from it, my friend. Stop making accusations regarding NOTHING YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT. I am a well respected member of these editorial teams, whether you want to cry about that for jealousy reasons or not because only your WORLD RESPECTED rating system can only be deemed and regarded as power-filled in THIS forum as compared to the remainder of the world......now THATS funny, coming from someone who throws the word HACK around and yet wants us to bow down to his "ultimate rating system"......yeah, right. Like thats EVER going to happen......and you call ME a hack? Dont make me piss my pants, please man.....

"You seem to think that if anyone does not like a film that ytou like they just don't understand it."

Simply not true. Im just trying to say that each of these directors had something they were going for which may just not have been understood by the viewers like you who didnt like it; you dont like it, dont like it. I dont really "give a rats ass" as you say below whether you like these films or not because to me, your rating system doesnt mean **** in my eyes.

"And your so-called interviews with directors like Mastow are supposed to then validate your view because HE said that he was going for an action film"

Listen, do YOURSELF a favor and watch your mouth a little bit------these were not SO CALLED INTERVIEWS, smart ass, THEY WERE interviews and I have the copies of the magazine to PROVE it with MY name on it......WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO USE AS VALIDATION THAT HE WAS GOING FOR AN ACTION FILM THAT WOULD STAND OUTSIDE OF THE OTHER FILMS IN THE FRANCHISE OTHER THAN THE DIRECTOR'S POINT OF VIEW???? What are you smoking over there, man?

"I don't give a rat's ass if the film departs from the original Terminator it still has to be a good movie in its own right and it wasn't."

Again, giving yourself WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much credit there, bud; shall we refer again to your self-proclaimed and self-acknowledged rating system which I really dont give a rats ass about? Jonathan Mostow claimed he can respect those who watch this film for an action film alone outside of the Terminator series, and I respect THAT point of view a hell of a lot more than I do yours of saying that because YOU claim it wasnt a good movie it wasnt.....yeah, that will be the day that I let YOU tell me what is a good film and what isnt.

"Then you start on about anyone can like any movie for their own reasons which is true -- and I don't mind if someone thinks Rocky V is the best film ever made."

I never alluded to this or even HINTED at it; by no means is Rocky V the best film ever made so dont use this as a weapon which you are desperately trying to do.

"Nevertheless, Art as well as film is not completely devoid of objective criticism and SHOULD be rationally justified in the barest of literary reference. "

Finally, some sense is being spewed out of your mind here.....finally.......

"You are a DVD video and sound reviewer I gather fas you feel the need to quote famous critics who "like" whatever film your reviewing."

Where did THAT ever take place? And for all your talk, WHERE ARE YOUR ESSAYS, REVIEWS AND OPINIONS ON FILM which you EASILY CRITICIZE OTHERS ON the first chance you get when a review goes up in here.....

"Film critics rarely feel the need to do that because if they were good critics they could articulate their views of a film all by themselves. I have zero interest in DVD surround sound effects and whether the mixing was good or not and I really don't get bothered by the visual artifacts on Aliens etc."

Who was asking you anyway for your thoughts on this? And if thats the case, DONT REPLY TO THESE REVIEWS because they are MAINLY CONCENTRATING ON THE AUDIO AND VIDEO ASPECTS of the discs themselves. Your comments arent necessary then.

"I would never ever by a crappy movie just because the sound and picture are fantastic - and I would by a good movie ptractically no matter how crappy the video and sound is"

Again, that is YOU and you are trying to FORCE FEED your opinions to everyone in here, but I'll tell you something really straight up and right away RGA.....these opinions of YOURS mean NOTHING TO ME, and these DVD reviews are being HIGHLIGHTED to analyze their VIDEO AND AUDIO preparations from the studios.....and many folks appreciate that analysis, believe me. I have had countless discussions with good members like Kelsci regarding the audio soundtracks on these discs I review, so who do you think CARES --- ACTUALLY CARES that YOU wouldnt buy a disc on video and audio quality alone?

"There is a big difference between being a film critic and being a sound and vision critic. maybe magazines don't care but at least DVD Town has John J Puchio who I corresponded with a number of times about becoming a film critic [ Teacher, English and Film Studies, retired. Classical Music Editor, $ensible Sound magazine. Review Editor, DVDTown.com. Member, Online Film Critics Society]"

Big deal, as YOU would say.......

"Again I don't care which movies you like but as a film critic you've made very few insights about any of the films you've posted."

You better RE READ those reviews because you have no idea what you are talking about----I GIVE PLENTY OF INSIGHT ABOUT THOSE FILMS (outside of Jurassic Park III and titles such as that which are pretty much irrelevant).

"That is fine because you have previously stated you're reviewing DVD quality -- which some no doubt find very valuable though I don't presonally see why. If my favorite movie is Z and the picture and sound isn;t that great I'm still going to buy it -- and if some movie is totally terrible then no matter how great the DVD bonus and pictyure and sound is -- i'm not going yto buy it. Not much different than Brittany Spears putting out a terrific Reference Recording master quality recording -- it's still her. And if Something great I like came out in Mono I'd buy it."

Thats YOUR view and again trying to make me believe this point of view of yours is moot because I simply dont care nor do I agree.

"I mean you're defending movies like Rocky V and Halloween 2. I suppose some people are going to care about the quality of these DVD's but the movies themselves are rubbish"

Again, in YOUR EXPERT opinion......LOL.....now THATS funny........

"And YES they are "

And NO they're not.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-08-2005, 10:12 AM
I am a well respected member of these editorial teams, whether you want to cry about that for jealousy reasons or not because only your WORLD RESPECTED rating system can only be deemed and regarded as power-filled in THIS forum as compared to the remainder of the world......now THATS funny, coming from someone who throws the word HACK around and yet wants us to bow down to his "ultimate rating system"......yeah, right. Like thats EVER going to happen......and you call ME a hack? Dont make me piss my pants, please man.....

Here where I lack some clear understanding. How can someone be a well respected member of an editorial team when he lacks a basic understanding of the film audio formats, the review system is really no better than a midfi system, there is no mention of acoustical control or any acoustical control system such as eq, or no basic understanding of the age and technology of the period when reviewing older DVD's. Every reviewer I know or read about has a system head and shoulder above the average consumer, and has a VERY good understanding of both the audio formats, and video technology. Some of the question said reviewer has asked leaves me wondering what rag would hire such person. I have noticed this on both this forum, and hometheaterdiscussion.com where such reviewer also set up shop.

Lexmark3200
08-08-2005, 10:24 AM
"Here where I lack some clear understanding."

You should have your head examined a bit more often then, perhaps via an MRI.....

"How can someone be a well respected member of an editorial team when he lacks a basic understanding of the film audio formats"

Simply untrue.

"the review system is really no better than a midfi system"

Simply untrue again, and is irrelevant when listening to these soundtracks because I get feedback from folks finding the exact same results on the discs using their multi-million dollar multi amp setups; the audio delivery they are finding IS THE EXACT SAME quality I am finding many times with regards to bass, surround usage, etc; I believe your comment of no better than a midfi system is completely out of order as my setup is beyond the capabilities of the average Joe Six Pack consumer----way beyond.

"there is no mention of acoustical control or any acoustical control system such as eq, or no basic understanding of the age and technology of the period when reviewing older DVD's."

There sure is; I have said to you MULTIPLE TIMES that I UNDERSTAND the age that these soundtracks are coming from, and the era of recording technology, yet you refuse to listen to me and my arguments regarding WHY I feel the soundtracks----in their respective eras---are unpleasing to my ears.

"Every reviewer I know or read about has a system head and shoulder above the average consumer, and has a VERY good understanding of both the audio formats, and video technology."

Good for you; the magazines I write for have NO problem with the system Im running to review these titles; in fact they are advocates of the Onkyo line of products.

"Some of the question said reviewer has asked leaves me wondering what rag would hire such person."

You dont know me personally nor do you understand my ABILITIES to review and write, even though you may THINK you do----these outfits are not RAGS, whether you call them that or not; the bottom line is your comments simply DO NOT MATTER in the grand scheme of things and members outside of yourself and Kexo and a handful of other sarcastically bombastic individuals in here are finding great informative information via these reviews which I will continue providing for THEIR enjoyment and education for buying/renting decisions.

"I have noticed this on both this forum, and hometheaterdiscussion.com where such reviewer also set up shop."

I have set up shop in a lot more places than these two meager sites, as senior disc reviewer, I'll tell you that------ALL with NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER from the senior administration on those boards.

Worf101
08-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Alright fellah's. I all fer arguing the relative "merits" of films in the "Rocky" series or "Nightmare on Elm Street" series but please, enough of the name callin' and fraggin' unless I get time to print programs and sell tickets. This is a friendly forum. Agree to disagree but none of this... and none of that and no more of this other stuff...

Play nice or Daddy Terrance will send us to bed wit no num nums.... git me???

Da Worsfter :rolleyes:

kexodusc
08-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Just strollin' by to see what's going on and I see this:

the bottom line is your comments simply DO NOT MATTER in the grand scheme of things and members outside of yourself and Kexo and a handful of other sarcastically bombastic individuals in here are finding great informative information via these reviews which I will continue providing for THEIR enjoyment and education for buying/renting decisions.

Huh? I don't even know what sarcastically bombastic means, but I'm confident I haven't given you and reason to lable me as such (unless it's something good, then I deserve it).

You sure you got the right guy?

RGA
08-08-2005, 11:34 AM
"Man apparently any Hack can work for these magazines."

I'm a HACK? Far from it, my friend. Stop making accusations regarding NOTHING YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT. I am a well respected member of these editorial teams, whether you want to cry about that for jealousy reasons or not because only your WORLD RESPECTED rating system can only be deemed and regarded as power-filled in THIS forum as compared to the remainder of the world......now THATS funny, coming from someone who throws the word HACK around and yet wants us to bow down to his "ultimate rating system"......yeah, right. Like thats EVER going to happen......and you call ME a hack? Dont make me piss my pants, please man.....

First of all your reviews here come across as grossly amateurish writing with little or no real insight to film criticism - so I can only assume the magazines hire pretty much anyone willing to sit there and detail every frame of a DVD -- surprisingly I would find that more tedius than garbage collection so it is BY CHOICE that I would never seek out such a dull career or side career. Furthermore, if I did do such a thing for a living I sure would not be reviewing most of the dregs yoyu've been trotting out for review.

"You seem to think that if anyone does not like a film that ytou like they just don't understand it."

Simply not true. Im just trying to say that each of these directors had something they were going for which may just not have been understood by the viewers like you who didnt like it; you dont like it, dont like it. I dont really "give a rats ass" as you say below whether you like these films or not because to me, your rating system doesnt mean **** in my eyes.

Here's a thought - if your going to say that the viewers don't get it then why don;t you tell us what thgey were going for and I'll tell you if it matters. What P{RECISELY was the director going for. You suggest he is making a film that stands apart from the Terminator films and to work as an action movie -- so then here's a question - Why use the title Terminator 3. If he wanted to make an independant action film then he should have made one -- sorry but he's using the same characters at a future date and resting on the Terminator story -- sounds to me he's heard the criticism and backpeddled to some crap about going for something differen and can con star struck naive magazine writers to write.

What does my rating system have to do with anything? Most everyone who reviews film has some sort of rating system - professionals and non-professionals.

WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO USE AS VALIDATION THAT HE WAS GOING FOR AN ACTION FILM THAT WOULD STAND OUTSIDE OF THE OTHER FILMS IN THE FRANCHISE OTHER THAN THE DIRECTOR'S POINT OF VIEW???? What are you smoking over there, man?

I am apparently clearer headed than you it would seem. If you believe Mastow then you are a big sucker. If he supposedly wanted to make an action film that stands outside of the original franchise then he would not have made a Terminator film! Ohh I see he just called it Terminator 3 to make a buck knowing that people would go see it due to their love of the first 2. Exactly HOW does it stand apart from the first two films? Same characters grown up and a new sophisticated Terminatrix. Same exact kind of story line. No I think I understand full well that this film is another Terminator movie -- and comparatively a pitiful one.

"I don't give a rat's ass if the film departs from the original Terminator it still has to be a good movie in its own right and it wasn't."

Again, giving yourself WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much credit there, bud; shall we refer again to your self-proclaimed and self-acknowledged rating system which I really dont give a rats ass about? Jonathan Mostow claimed he can respect those who watch this film for an action film alone outside of the Terminator series, and I respect THAT point of view a hell of a lot more than I do yours of saying that because YOU claim it wasnt a good movie it wasnt.....yeah, that will be the day that I let YOU tell me what is a good film and what isnt.

First Terminator one and two were action films sop what the hell are you talking about. The first two also had superior Dramatic and science fiction elements the first one had Romance and a horror feel to it as well. I'm not saying you have to dislike it because I do. But you state that anyone who didn't like it just doesn;t klnow what the director had in mind and you've done this on other threads. Sorry to tell you this but what the director had in mind means NOTHING -- the ONLY thing that matters is what ends up on the screen and any decent film critic sure as hell can review a non-intellectual action picture like Terminator 3. Real film critics actually tackle quality films from time to time and there is nothing particularly difficult in Terminator 3 that amateur film critics DON'T UNDERSTAND. mastow respects people who can watch it as an action picture -- well they would have to watch it for the action because every other facet of the film was brain dead dreck. I gave it ** because of the action and the effects and overlooked some of the idiocy. I consider myself a bvery generous critic of most films especially out of hollywood.

"Nevertheless, Art as well as film is not completely devoid of objective criticism and SHOULD be rationally justified in the barest of literary reference. "

Finally, some sense is being spewed out of your mind here.....finally.......

If you think it makes so much sense then why are you not doing any of it in your reviews?

WHERE ARE YOUR ESSAYS, REVIEWS AND OPINIONS ON FILM which you EASILY CRITICIZE OTHERS ON the first chance you get when a review goes up in here.....

One does not have to write a review or essay to post on forums == there are dozens and dozens if not thousands of people on the internet doing this already so I see no point in doing them myself. I also do not have the time to watch the sheer number of movies required and then to write full length articles on each one. I give a lot props to someone like James Berardinelli who has made the hobby into a career - but I would grow restless sitting through 9 clunkers for every decent film being made. I mean I'd have to go watch the Dukes of Hazard if I became a film critic and I don't like having two hours of my life shaved off in such a cruel and unusual way. I post my thoughts from time to time in various forums because it is more interactive. Writing an essay and posting it on a self-made web-site is more of a vanity thing anyway.

Who was asking you anyway for your thoughts on this? And if thats the case, DONT REPLY TO THESE REVIEWS because they are MAINLY CONCENTRATING ON THE AUDIO AND VIDEO ASPECTS of the discs themselves. Your comments arent necessary then.

You are posting on a public forum and you are ALSO doing a film criticism not JUST audio video -- I make no comments on the Audio Video portion - I don't even read them - not being mean I don;t read any of them unless it's a film I like. When anyone makes a comment on the film you shut them down as "well you're not a fan of the genre and therefore you don;t understand it" kinda remark. In other words anyone who thinks the film is crap is ignorant. Your remarks are never backed up with any evidence or explanation of what you mean. I can't believe that a masters student has never written an essay and had to back their comments up with supporting argument -- In virtually every paper I ever wriote no matter what subject this was required -- never more so than in the Arts courses. If you say people don't GET it you ALSO have to say WHY and ALSO say what it is rreally about. Saying Terminator fans don't get T3 because the director was going for an Action movie is idiotic. Of course it's an action movie so tell us what grand insightful and deep thing Mastow was going for and why most people ajnd critics didn't understand it.

"There is a big difference between being a film critic and being a sound and vision critic. maybe magazines don't care but at least DVD Town has John J Puchio who I corresponded with a number of times about becoming a film critic [ Teacher, English and Film Studies, retired. Classical Music Editor, $ensible Sound magazine. Review Editor, DVDTown.com. Member, Online Film Critics Society]"

Big deal, as YOU would say.......

The big deal is anyone here can go to that site and read the reviews for themselves from someone who can tell them all about the sound and vision and ALSO be able to write a competant critique of the film. And when i disagree with him on a forum we discuss the film in a well argued rational manner without him saying "Well the director went for this therefore your ignorant of what its about" kinda nonsense you spout off.

"That is fine because you have previously stated you're reviewing DVD quality -- which some no doubt find very valuable though I don't presonally see why. If my favorite movie is Z and the picture and sound isn;t that great I'm still going to buy it -- and if some movie is totally terrible then no matter how great the DVD bonus and pictyure and sound is -- i'm not going yto buy it. Not much different than Brittany Spears putting out a terrific Reference Recording master quality recording -- it's still her. And if Something great I like came out in Mono I'd buy it."

Thats YOUR view and again trying to make me believe this point of view of yours is moot because I simply dont care nor do I agree.

So you don't agree - so you'll buy the worst film in the world if it has a good Audio track but not buy the best film because it's in mono or has a poor video track? I get it. You're not a film fan but a gear head fan. That's fine by me -- I go to movies for the carthatic emotional and intellectual elements they offer - not because I can hear rustling of paper behind my head on the surround mix.

"I mean you're defending movies like Rocky V and Halloween 2. I suppose some people are going to care about the quality of these DVD's but the movies themselves are rubbish"

Again, in YOUR EXPERT opinion......LOL.....now THATS funny........

I think it does not require an expert - just someone with an IQ higher than Forrest Gump.

08-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Alright fellah's. I all fer arguing the relative "merits" of films in the "Rocky" series or "Nightmare on Elm Street" series but please, enough of the name callin' and fraggin' unless I get time to print programs and sell tickets. This is a friendly forum. Agree to disagree but none of this... and none of that and no more of this other stuff...

Play nice or Daddy Terrance will send us to bed wit no num nums.... git me???

Da Worsfter :rolleyes:

Who's your daddy Worfster???? WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....LOLOLOL.. you made my day brudda

Woochifer
08-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I have set up shop in a lot more places than these two meager sites, as senior disc reviewer, I'll tell you that------ALL with NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER from the senior administration on those boards.

So how do you explain having to log on under multiple screen names just to keep posting reviews on the Home Theater Discussion forum?

http://www.hometheaterdiscussion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5767

Some of these review threads should look familiar...

http://www.hometheaterdiscussion.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118

Lexmark3200
08-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Just strollin' by to see what's going on and I see this:

Huh? I don't even know what sarcastically bombastic means, but I'm confident I haven't given you and reason to lable me as such (unless it's something good, then I deserve it).

You sure you got the right guy?

Kexo----I did indeed label the wrong man, my apologies.

08-08-2005, 03:53 PM
So how do you explain having to log on under multiple screen names just to keep posting reviews on the Home Theater Discussion forum?

http://www.hometheaterdiscussion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5767

Some of these review threads should look familiar...

http://www.hometheaterdiscussion.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118

Ruh oh........You guys found me out. Okay(gulp) I am guilty as hell. I was the reason he got banned. I know I shouldn't have done it(a small tear swells up in me eye). Here is the story about that dreaded thread. Come on....gather around.

Okay(double gulp) During a equipment failure break on a recording I was working on, I got on the internet and just started surfing. I guess I was looking for another website to contribute to(I knew you guys were getting sick of me). I ran across hometheaterdiscussion.com. I didn't mean to do it, but I did. On my first day after registering, I came across a thread containing a movie review on a movie that I did the sound in the film. The review was VERY harsh on the sound of the DVD, and it contained some judgements a so called facts that were just not accurate. Okay, all of you who have known me over the years know that I don't let nothing like that escape me. I went out, purchased the DVD, and analyzed the sound through Sound Forge(thanks Sony), and listened to it through my system, and rebutted his review with facts. Well, I'll say this, I have never been cussed out online like that in my life. But I never personally attacked back, I just stuck with the facts. The more calm I remained, the more he cussed me out. Other members tried to calm DJ Scotty down, but to no avail. Finally the site owner closed the thread and banned DJ Scotty. He also sent me a PM apologizing for his behavior and asking me to remain with the forum. It was all good to me, as his cussing didn't hurt me, I am totally insensitive to being cussed out, I grew up in New York City, everyone cussed someone out there!

The people at that website are so cool. I still to this day do not know why he was so angry. Did I attack him personally at any time during the discussion? NO, not one time. What I did do was challenge him in his own backyard which I am sure hurt his ego a bit. But this wasn't about him, it was about his information which was bogus.

I hope he stays here and continues to do his reviews. My hope is he will really hone his craft, be more open for crititsizm as this is an open forum, and when you put your views out there, be ready(and educated enough)to support those views with fact, not opinion.(dang that was a long sentence)
Shorten them, get to the point(any editor would tell you that) and don't give away too much(you'll take away the interest in seeing the movie). Know your stuff, recognize when then film was made, and compare to the movies made in that period, not was is made today. Know your DVD audio formats. Know the bitrate of the DD or Dts track, and do more background on the aspect ratios, so you can be sure of what you write(I use the Pandora box aspect measurement software).

If he did these things, his reviewing skills would be off the chart. He has a passion for this, and I would like to encourage him to continue. Just be more open.

I have said all of this in the true spirit of brotherhood, peace on earth, and goodwill towards my fellow man. No malice, no hate, no insult, and no personal attack is intended.

Thank you, and good night!!

Lexmark3200
08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
"First of all your reviews here come across as grossly amateurish writing"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? GROSSLY AMATEURISH WRITING? Now THATS funny-----I have held MULTIPLE jobs with MULTIPLE magazines and have written my own small magazine (well put it together) and hold two degrees in writing and you're telling me I write in an amateurish fashion? SIMPLY and UTTERLY INCORRECT. Your opinion in this matter means NOTHING to me because I KNOW I am a good writer and have been told it before by MANY MANY other people other than JUST YOU.

"with little or no real insight to film criticism"

Absolutely not true. I give insight to each and every film I review.

"so I can only assume the magazines hire pretty much anyone willing to sit there and detail every frame of a DVD "

Not true. You have to pass multiple writing tests and go through multiple interviewing processes.

"surprisingly I would find that more tedius than garbage collection so it is BY CHOICE that I would never seek out such a dull career or side career."

Good for you. Who cares or asked you anyway----you sound like a dull, lifeless grouch who likes to find negative aspects about everything anyway, so who cares about THAT statement?

"Furthermore, if I did do such a thing for a living I sure would not be reviewing most of the dregs yoyu've been trotting out for review."

Thats YOUR opinion------not others who tell me to keep up the good work or that they find the reviews interesting, fascinating to read or otherwise. Your opinion is the only one that matters, I forgot. Excuse me.

"Here's a thought - if your going to say that the viewers don't get it then why don;t you tell us what thgey were going for and I'll tell you if it matters. What P{RECISELY was the director going for. You suggest he is making a film that stands apart from the Terminator films and to work as an action movie -- so then here's a question - Why use the title Terminator 3. If he wanted to make an independant action film then he should have made one -- sorry but he's using the same characters at a future date and resting on the Terminator story -- sounds to me he's heard the criticism and backpeddled to some crap about going for something differen and can con star struck naive magazine writers to write."

You are so angry and distraught over this that you cant even get a sentence down right-----Im not arguing this above statement with you because I DID interview Jonathan Mostow and BELIEVE ME buddy, he was not CONNING a star struck magazine writer.......do I sense a little jealously here, huh?

"What does my rating system have to do with anything? Most everyone who reviews film has some sort of rating system - professionals and non-professionals."

When did you ever review film, may I ask? And what are you professional or non professional and where are your credentials? Your rating system has EVERYTHING to do with this because its attached to every god damned thing you write, which is puke-inducing to begin with.

"I am apparently clearer headed than you it would seem."

Hahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahhahahhahahahahahahah ahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you believe Mastow then you are a big sucker."

You are simply making up lies and statements now just to attack me. Blah blah blah.....YEAH, A DIRECTOR WAS MISLEADING ME IN A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW, SURE........

"If he supposedly wanted to make an action film that stands outside of the original franchise then he would not have made a Terminator film! Ohh I see he just called it Terminator 3 to make a buck knowing that people would go see it due to their love of the first 2. Exactly HOW does it stand apart from the first two films? Same characters grown up and a new sophisticated Terminatrix. Same exact kind of story line. No I think I understand full well that this film is another Terminator movie -- and comparatively a pitiful one."

But this was coming from HIS mouth, what dont you UNDERSTAND about that? I dont really care what your stance is on this, he didnt lie to me, Im not a sucker and you're just a complete baffoon for THINKING a director would LIE to a journalist......Jesus Christ.....

"First Terminator one and two were action films sop what the hell are you talking about. The first two also had superior Dramatic and science fiction elements the first one had Romance and a horror feel to it as well. I'm not saying you have to dislike it because I do. But you state that anyone who didn't like it just doesn;t klnow what the director had in mind and you've done this on other threads. Sorry to tell you this but what the director had in mind means NOTHING -- the ONLY thing that matters is what ends up on the screen and any decent film critic sure as hell can review a non-intellectual action picture like Terminator 3. Real film critics actually tackle quality films from time to time and there is nothing particularly difficult in Terminator 3 that amateur film critics DON'T UNDERSTAND. mastow respects people who can watch it as an action picture -- well they would have to watch it for the action because every other facet of the film was brain dead dreck. I gave it ** because of the action and the effects and overlooked some of the idiocy. I consider myself a bvery generous critic of most films especially out of hollywood."

It has NOTHING to do with what a DIRECTOR INTENDED? YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG and I WILL SAY THAT AGAIN.

"If you think it makes so much sense then why are you not doing any of it in your reviews?"

Lets see YOU do one.....oh.....I forgot....you address this below.....

"One does not have to write a review or essay to post on forums == there are dozens and dozens if not thousands of people on the internet doing this already so I see no point in doing them myself. I also do not have the time to watch the sheer number of movies required and then to write full length articles on each one. I give a lot props to someone like James Berardinelli who has made the hobby into a career - but I would grow restless sitting through 9 clunkers for every decent film being made. I mean I'd have to go watch the Dukes of Hazard if I became a film critic and I don't like having two hours of my life shaved off in such a cruel and unusual way. I post my thoughts from time to time in various forums because it is more interactive. Writing an essay and posting it on a self-made web-site is more of a vanity thing anyway. "

Blah blah blah blah more senseless babble to use as attack weapons.......means nothing to me......

"You are posting on a public forum and you are ALSO doing a film criticism not JUST audio video -- I make no comments on the Audio Video portion - I don't even read them - not being mean I don;t read any of them unless it's a film I like. When anyone makes a comment on the film you shut them down as "well you're not a fan of the genre and therefore you don;t understand it" kinda remark. In other words anyone who thinks the film is crap is ignorant. Your remarks are never backed up with any evidence or explanation of what you mean. I can't believe that a masters student has never written an essay and had to back their comments up with supporting argument -- In virtually every paper I ever wriote no matter what subject this was required -- never more so than in the Arts courses. If you say people don't GET it you ALSO have to say WHY and ALSO say what it is rreally about. Saying Terminator fans don't get T3 because the director was going for an Action movie is idiotic. Of course it's an action movie so tell us what grand insightful and deep thing Mastow was going for and why most people ajnd critics didn't understand it."

Simply not true, period.

"The big deal is anyone here can go to that site and read the reviews for themselves from someone who can tell them all about the sound and vision and ALSO be able to write a competant critique of the film. And when i disagree with him on a forum we discuss the film in a well argued rational manner without him saying "Well the director went for this therefore your ignorant of what its about" kinda nonsense you spout off."

Again, words use as weapons with no real sense or meaning behind them.....a bunch of hot air is what you spew out of your keyboard every time you write a post and attach a rating system to it.....more blah blah blah blah blah......

"So you don't agree - so you'll buy the worst film in the world if it has a good Audio track but not buy the best film because it's in mono or has a poor video track? I get it. You're not a film fan but a gear head fan. That's fine by me -- I go to movies for the carthatic emotional and intellectual elements they offer - not because I can hear rustling of paper behind my head on the surround mix."

Now THATS a funny statement coming from someone with the "absolute best rating system" in the world of film.....

"I think it does not require an expert - just someone with an IQ higher than Forrest Gump."

YOUR opinion again, and really not worth much if you ask me.

bjornb17
08-08-2005, 05:16 PM
why does everyone on this forum fight with one another? Almost nobody here gets along

08-08-2005, 05:41 PM
"Here where I lack some clear understanding."

You should have your head examined a bit more often then, perhaps via an MRI.....

Since this is the food fight section, I like Kentucky Fried Chicken please.... Perhaps you should spend LESS time throwing food, and more time supporting your assertions with facts. Thats would a PROFESSIONAL reviewer would do.

[quote]"How can someone be a well respected member of an editorial team when he lacks a basic understanding of the film audio formats"

Simply untrue.

If this is so, then why don't you know what bitrate the movies you review are encoded at?

Why have you not calibrated your system yourself? You state that a audio salon did it for you. Why would you pay someone for something almost everyone here has done themself?

Is your RPTV calibrated? How was it done? Did you do it yourself?

You use in ceiling speakers(unspecified) in the rear, I use high quality monitors. How could you possible tell me what kind of detail I will hear when I play the DVD's soundtrack?

"the review system is really no better than a midfi system"

Simply untrue again, and is irrelevant when listening to these soundtracks because I get feedback from folks finding the exact same results on the discs using their multi-million dollar multi amp setups; the audio delivery they are finding IS THE EXACT SAME quality I am finding many times with regards to bass, surround usage, etc; I believe your comment of no better than a midfi system is completely out of order as my setup is beyond the capabilities of the average Joe Six Pack consumer----way beyond.

You get feedback??? Let me get this straight, your system gets the same sound quality as a multi-million dollar system? You think your single sub with MAYBE 150 or 200 watts is going to sound the same as a HIGH quality sub with over 1000 watts of power?? If this is so, then why spend the money acutally doing it right when doing it average surfices?? By the way, I think anyone would consider your system on par with the average joe's. That not saying its bad, but it ain't high end my friend.

"there is no mention of acoustical control or any acoustical control system such as eq, or no basic understanding of the age and technology of the period when reviewing older DVD's."

There sure is; I have said to you MULTIPLE TIMES that I UNDERSTAND the age that these soundtracks are coming from, and the era of recording technology, yet you refuse to listen to me and my arguments regarding WHY I feel the soundtracks----in their respective eras---are unpleasing to my ears.

So in your room(since you avoided this entirely) you use acoustical panels or foam, traps, and or eq to tame the acoustics of your listening room? If not, then your reviews sound wise are not valid to a person who's room has tight acoustical controls, and can therefore get more resolution out of his audio system. If you do take into consideration the age of the soundtrack, then why are you continuously comparing them to today soundtracks? Any older soundtrack would sound worse than what they make today, their using completely different technologies, with two different goals in mind.

"Every reviewer I know or read about has a system head and shoulder above the average consumer, and has a VERY good understanding of both the audio formats, and video technology."

Good for you; the magazines I write for have NO problem with the system Im running to review these titles; in fact they are advocates of the Onkyo line of products.

I am a big supporter of Onkyo products myself, but what does that have to do with the quality of your system? Widescreen Review reviews off a system that costs over a million dollars to put together easy. When I am going to search for an accurate review, do I go to them, or you? I wouldn't subscribe to a rag where my system could outclass the primary reviewers system. What would be the point?

"Some of the question said reviewer has asked leaves me wondering what rag would hire such person."

You dont know me personally nor do you understand my ABILITIES to review and write, even though you may THINK you do----these outfits are not RAGS, whether you call them that or not; the bottom line is your comments simply DO NOT MATTER in the grand scheme of things and members outside of yourself and Kexo and a handful of other sarcastically bombastic individuals in here are finding great informative information via these reviews which I will continue providing for THEIR enjoyment and education for buying/renting decisions.

Why would you assume that I would buy something based on your reviews? Isn't that a little pretenious? Why do you think your reviews matter, but the people who read them don't. That perspective seems a little schetzo to me. As I read the thread that follows your reviews, I don't see a overwhelming amount of traffic going to them. Whether they are informative or not highly depends on the quality of the information. Sometimes the quality is there, and sometimes your opinion is just not factual.

"I have noticed this on both this forum, and hometheaterdiscussion.com where such reviewer also set up shop."

I have set up shop in a lot more places than these two meager sites, as senior disc reviewer, I'll tell you that------ALL with NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER from the senior administration on those boards

Senior disc reviewer, where? How big are these websites that you can call this one, and hometheaterdiscussion "meager"? You have given yourself so many titles, just who blessed these titles, and where are they held? Since you mention it so much, inquiring minds want to know.

cam
08-08-2005, 05:45 PM
why does everyone on this forum fight with one another? Almost nobody here gets along
Um, aaaa, bjornb17, this is the steal cage, you are not suppose to get along here. It was nice of eric to create this so it would not take up space in the other areas of AR.

08-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Terrence,

With all your laboring to pretend you were being kind I KNEW who was responsible for that incident on the other site as I was TOLD by Ray Cruz; and I was also told that it WAS purposely done.....it didnt matter to me, because as I told them when I wanted to come back (after Ray told me it was you who started all the problems purposely), I also told them that on second thought I wasnt going to because I became senior disc reviewer for another site in the interim (NOT this site); your secret is really no secret, and indeed I told Ray and administration on the other site EXACTLY your reasons for coming in there, what you were going to do and indeed you did it; these character flaws were told to me by Ray Cruz to be "unfortunate" and that he was "sad to see me go" but he was well aware of what kind of individual you were; there were no secrets there, my friend.

I continue writing reviews at any rate for multiple publications and multiple sites.

Enjoy your evening!

A few questions.

1. If what you said was true in regards to Ray Cruz, why would you get banned, and I could still post? That's not really logical is it?

2.How could Ray know what was purposeful, and what wasn't? He would have to be me to know that, right? How could Ray even know I would find his website? How could anyone have known you would be there, you left no forwarding address.

3. If Ray believes I started it, then why didn't I get banned?

4.How could you know that I was coming to that site when I didn't even know.

5. If you told them everything I was going to do before I did it, why didn't they nip it in the bud? Are they retarded? I mean if you know a train is barreling right towards you, don't you get off the tracks?

6. If Ray thought I was a horrible human, why did let me stay and give you the boot? It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Lastly, in that very thread when they discuss your departure, did they even mention once that the person on the other side was even remotely rude, let alone the monster you discribe? Nope. Did even one person say I provoked you in any way? Nope. Did even one person note that I attacked you first? Nope. This reads as follows; "Sir Terrence attacked me, is a horrible person, totally predictable, and out to get me, so I got banned. Ma dawg Darnell knows that this doesn't make much sense.

If what you say is true, Ray Cruz has the worse case of Dyslexia I have ever seen. But I don't think so..(removes rain coat and hood, the food fight is over)

08-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Um, aaaa, bjornb17, this is the steal cage, you are not suppose to get along here. It was nice of eric to create this so it would not take up space in the other areas of AR.

I cannot tell you how much I laughed when I read this and looked at your avitar. LOL

bjornb17
08-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I cannot tell you how much I laughed when I read this and looked at your avitar. LOL

Learn how to spell "avatar," biotch.

I can't tell you how much i laughed when i saw your face!!!

Also, what's up with your excessively long signature? It's like you're trying to make up for what you lack in your pants! ohhhh! Burnnnnn!!!!!

there are you guys happy now?

bjornb17
08-08-2005, 06:51 PM

fight me.

cam
08-08-2005, 06:57 PM
fight me.
I see your post got edited before I could reply B$#CH. Don't you know anything goes except profanity and racial slurs! :p

cam
08-08-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm just here to serve the public anyway I can T....( just as I duck my head from the tomato that bjornb17 just threw at me). :eek:

RGA
08-08-2005, 11:40 PM
You are so angry and distraught over this that you cant even get a sentence down right-----Im not arguing this above statement with you because I DID interview Jonathan Mostow and BELIEVE ME buddy, he was not CONNING a star struck magazine writer.......do I sense a little jealously here, huh?

Jealous of you? I think that would be an impossibility. You still don't adress the fact that you never actually make your case. Why is it people who don't agree with your assessment don't understand what the director was going for -- Please tewll us why we don;t understand it. This is the insight I seek and you never answer. You sere you can't answer it because instead of being a REAL film critic you simply shout down any opposition calling everyone who disagrees with you ignorant. I'm not surprised that I don;t read that magazine you work for -- I always thought i was a piece of crap and this just re-inforces that opinion.

You keep saying you offer insight - what insight? You regurgitate the plots and offer little as to why a film is either good or bad. I grant you that the films you posted would be next to impossible to write much interesting on because you keep posting garbage films like Escape from LA and Jurassic Park 3 so there isn't a helluva lot one can really say about them so until you actually present a good film rich in something other than thrill ride elements (and those two films don't even have that) then right now I'm assuming you're 15 years old and selecting films for your age group. I mean even when I was 15 I knew Halloween 2 was crap and so did everyone else I knew.

"What does my rating system have to do with anything? Most everyone who reviews film has some sort of rating system - professionals and non-professionals."

When did you ever review film, may I ask? And what are you professional or non professional and where are your credentials? Your rating system has EVERYTHING to do with this because its attached to every god damned thing you write, which is puke-inducing to begin with.

Not true - some of the films you've done like The thing I generally agree with. That is not the issue. The issue is that you do not back up your comments - anyone who doesn't agree with you you call ignorant - me, professional film critics that are too good to be DVD critics, and everyone else -- no one gets it because only you interviewed the ditrector and he told you what the movie was going for. The rating system I use changes from a letter grade format, out of five out of four and out of 10.0. The star rating means little anyway -- it's what the review has to say that matters -- all of these numbers and stars are only useful in relation to other films of similar genre.

But this was coming from HIS mouth, what dont you UNDERSTAND about that? I dont really care what your stance is on this, he didnt lie to me, Im not a sucker and you're just a complete baffoon for THINKING a director would LIE to a journalist......Jesus Christ.....

Again you don't answer the question -- Why don;t you do some thinking instead of just printing what the director said. You don;t have to BELIEVE everything do you. What exactly did he say? You are suggesting that he said his goal was to make a film that non-terminator fans would like and would be an action film. Then YOU say that anyone who doesn't like it is ignorant because they don't know what the director was going for. Well is that all you have -- he was going for an action film? No Kidding -- what's not to get? Why is it different than the first two ACTION films -- I know it's far worse -- And being far worse is different I grant you but what wonderous insight are you offering up...your criticism is reduced to T1 was boring and T3 was better because it had lots of action -- wow your staggerring articulation here is mind blowing. :rolleyes:

It has NOTHING to do with what a DIRECTOR INTENDED? YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG and I WILL SAY THAT AGAIN.

Again WHY am I wrong? You have said on this movie and on Escape from LA that if people don;t like it they didn't get it or they don't know the intent. Again you do not back up anything you say with a REASON. You have discriminate and "make a case." You have to learn to address the WHY in your reviews.

If you say people don't GET it you ALSO have to say WHY and ALSO say what it is rreally about. Saying Terminator fans don't get T3 because the director was going for an Action movie is idiotic. Of course it's an action movie so tell us what grand insightful and deep thing Mastow was going for and why most people ajnd critics didn't understand it."

Simply not true, period.

What's not true? Why is it not true? Did you ever learn to make an argument in University? You claim people do not understand T3 or Escape from LA -- tell us WHY we don't understand it!

YOUR opinion again, and really not worth much if you ask me.

Well who would ask you? Your film criticism is beyond weak - you make no arguments when questioned about what you state -- Hell I'm not sure I would put a lot of stock into your film quality reviews judging by the system you have.

As a critic you get No Stars from me.

08-09-2005, 03:33 AM
Learn how to spell "avatar," biotch.

I can't tell you how much i laughed when i saw your face!!!

Also, what's up with your excessively long signature? It's like you're trying to make up for what you lack in your pants! ohhhh! Burnnnnn!!!!!

there are you guys happy now?

Bjorn,
Your getting the idea man..LOL..Now get your face outta my pants...LOLOL

bjornb17
08-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Bjorn,
Your getting the idea man..LOL..Now get your face outta my pants...LOLOL

Don't pretend like you dont like it ;)

GMichael
08-09-2005, 11:10 AM

Can you hum the Star Spangled Banner while you're down there?

GMichael
08-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Can you?

For the right person I can hum it all....

bjornb17
08-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Can you hum the Star Spangled Banner while you're down there?

Can you?

08-09-2005, 01:49 PM

I think you are revealing a little too much about yourself. Go chase a dog, a car, or something. LOL

bjornb17
08-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I think you are revealing a little too much about yourself. Go chase a dog, a car, or something. LOL

come here you sexy moderator, you *mrow!!*

And now its time to reveal my true identity:

http://images.radcity.net/5816/511515.jpg

cam
08-09-2005, 03:31 PM
come here you sexy moderator, you *mrow!!*

And now its time to reveal my true identity:

http://images.radcity.net/5816/511515.jpg
:cool: :cool: :) :)I do believe that you and spankingvanillaice would get along great together, maybe a little too good. I just don't want to hear about any of your spanking stories. O.K.

ericl
08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
whoa. I think it might be time for you two boys to get a room!

bjornb17
08-09-2005, 04:02 PM
whoa. I think it might be time for you two boys to get a room!

how many friggin' moderators does this forum have? I bet you guys have orgies all the time with one another.

ericl
08-09-2005, 08:12 PM
how many friggin' moderators does this forum have? I bet you guys have orgies all the time with one another.

LOL!

Only in your fantasies, Richard "Bjorn17" Simmons!

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

bjornb17
08-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that!

You must know from experience :D

Florian
02-28-2006, 04:04 PM
To Lexmark,

with all respect Sir but your system is just like the rest of the systems here. Its fun to use and fits perfectly for a man with a wife and kids who doesnt want or can spend mega bucks on a system. If you want to be a real reviewer then you need to either own or use a reference system. May i suggest, since your a movie fan something along the lines of the Prof. JBL Synthesis THX series, or the Merdian DSP's with phase, time and frequency aligment in a custom build room with the right digital video and seperate digital audio decoding fascilities.

-Flo

cam
02-28-2006, 08:01 PM
To Lexmark,

with all respect Sir but your system is just like the rest of the systems here. Its fun to use and fits perfectly for a man with a wife and kids who doesnt want or can spend mega bucks on a system. If you want to be a real reviewer then you need to either own or use a reference system. May i suggest, since your a movie fan something along the lines of the Prof. JBL Synthesis THX series, or the Merdian DSP's with phase, time and frequency aligment in a custom build room with the right digital video and seperate digital audio decoding fascilities.

-FloUm Flo, Lex got banished awhile ago for plaguarizing (sp) other respectable peoples reviews. He has been banned from other sites aswell.

Florian
03-01-2006, 05:48 AM
Ooops, thanks for the news!

GMichael
03-01-2006, 05:55 AM
Ooops, thanks for the news!

Thanks for the blast from the past. For a minute there I thought Lex was back and the wars were starting again.

Resident Loser
03-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the blast from the past. For a minute there I thought Lex was back and the wars were starting again.

...leave it to Herr Provocateur, using any happenstance to take a shot at someone else's gear...

jimHJJ(...anyone else seeing a never-ending pattern here?...Who's next? The Woodman?...)

Florian
03-01-2006, 10:57 AM
...leave it to Herr Provocateur, using any happenstance to take a shot at someone else's gear...

jimHJJ(...anyone else seeing a never-ending pattern here?...Who's next? The Woodman?...)
Leave it to the Elite Jerk to take a stab at what he wishes to become.

Resident Loser
03-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Leave it to the Elite Jerk to take a stab at what he wishes to become.

...well, since you have proven to be a POS, it's painfully obvious you are full of yourself...

Of all the things I might like to be, trust me, you aren't one of them...

Speaking of taking a stab, wasn't there a Nazi equivalent of hara-kiri?

jimHJJ(...try it, you may like it...)

topspeed
03-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Ahhh...good times!

For those of you that miss our former resident schizo, this example of a classic Lex melt down takes on a whole new shade with his exposure as a plagarizing(sp?) fraud (not that we didn't know it anyway). Note how RGA mentions his correspondence with John Puccio, the very reviewer Lex, um...borrowed from! How's that for serendipity? :p

I said it many times, that guy seriously needs to seek professional help. He's not well.

Not even close.

Florian
03-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Did it make you feel good to call me a piece of ****? I asume, you need that for your ego.

Have a good one buddy!

Resident Loser
03-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Did it make you feel good to call me a piece of ****? I asume, you need that for your ego.

Have a good one buddy!

...simply calling a spade a spade...I don't have an ego problem...unlike yourself, I don't substitute my stereo for what's between my legs...

jimHJJ(...maybe that's why you're still singin' soprano?...)

Florian
03-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Neat! I just have a question for you, where do you get off being so mad at me?

Curious

-Flo

GMichael
03-01-2006, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=Resident Loser].I don't substitute my stereo for what's between my legs...

[QUOTE]

Wouldn't this make your music sound funny?

Resident Loser
03-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Neat! I just have a question for you, where do you get off being so mad at me?

Curious

-Flo

...you are that oblivious...why not ask Wooch or Worf or TtT that question...

My response is a quote:

"Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects."- R.M. Nixon to Dan Rather

jimHJJ(...what's the frequency Kenneth?...)

Florian
03-02-2006, 06:10 AM
I directed the question to you and not to the others. Where do you get off calling me a piece of ****?

Resident Loser
03-02-2006, 07:54 AM
I directed the question to you and not to the others. Where do you get off calling me a piece of ****?

...you are that clueless!!!

Let's start here and work backwards...

Anyone can take a look at your history via the profile page...by all indications you are a smug, arrogant child who constantly and consistently exhibits a condescending, blinkered attitude, whether it be regarding geopolitical matters or when dealing with hi-fi...

The others that I mentioned (and then some) have all taken you to task at one time or another due to your insipid and self-serving, self-centered, ego-maniacal POV. No one really cares what you may own, or do. No one clandestinely wants to be you or even be anything like you for that matter...

You are full of yourself...you are full of $h!t...ergo

jimHJJ(...a logical conclusion...)

Florian
03-02-2006, 09:07 AM
With all respect, but your hatred for me seems to be comical. There are many people who apreciate my comments, advice and friendship at this site. Many of those, do not have very expensive systems and we get along just fine. Ok, you are not a part of it, but i can do without you.

Let me ask you this, since you are obviously interested in HIFI and Reviews, would you rather read a review from someone who measures and compares it to a "reference" or would like them to compare your Onkyo to lets say a Technics boom box?

The way your acting now, and the comments you drop. Do you think your any better?

PS: If you are quoting, please do it right and correct the spelling mistake on "Adolph Hitler to Adolf Hitler".....

Resident Loser
03-02-2006, 10:26 AM
With all respect, but your hatred for me seems to be comical. There are many people who apreciate my comments, advice and friendship at this site. Many of those, do not have very expensive systems and we get along just fine. Ok, you are not a part of it, but i can do without you.

I have no hatred for you...you are a cypher, zero, zilch...I couldn't care any less about you as a person...the things you say and the attitude you project is another story.

Let me ask you this, since you are obviously interested in HIFI and Reviews, would you rather read a review from someone who measures and compares it to a "reference" or would like them to compare your Onkyo to lets say a Technics boom box?

A review of what? Certainly not gear. This thread had to do with a film...I don't think it had anything to do with DVDs...or DVDplayers...or even anything hi-fi...I think "artistic intent" was the crux of it...it then devolved into accusations of plagiarism...As I recall, you were the one who brought up Lexmark's system as a topic (which BTW wasn't in the thread proper...you had to go out of your way to view his profile), and in usual form, dumped on it. You really haven't a clue...you must be condescending in your spare time!

And generally speaking, any "reference system"-based POV would have little to do with my POV (or a great many others I'd hazard a guess)...is there a clear picture?...does it have good sound?...is it a good performance? Beyond that, my 19" Philips stereo tee-vee is just a tee-vee, not the purpose of my life. My hi-fi is not connected for HT purposes...deliberately; even with that, it's the music that matters, not the delivery system, my mono GE transistor radio has the ability take me away. That's something you will never understand I'm afraid.

The way your acting now, and the comments you drop. Do you think your any better?

I realize English is a second language to you but, WTF are you talking about? Better? Better than what? I never claimed to be anything...no golden-ears...no golden gear...

PS: If you are quoting, please do it right and correct the spelling mistake on "Adolph Hitler to Adolf Hitler".....

I've seen it both ways...but if it really bothers you...

jimHJJ(...I'll be sure to leave it as it is...)

Florian
03-02-2006, 11:01 AM
:D You have seen it both ways, oh my god. Your even more funny then i imagines, its a NAME its a huge historical name and he was born in Austria (speaks german) and then was a dictator in germany, and your telling me your correct by misspelling the name since you have seen it somewhere like that? Give it up man!

On another note,

(which BTW wasn't in the thread proper...you had to go out of your way to view his profile), and in usual form, dumped on it. You really haven't a clue...you must be condescending in your spare time!
I usually dump on the systems, oh that is original. Please give me some links! In the gallery, and tons of discussions i have encouraged and positively commented on tons of systems regardless of price. I am one of the very few who congratulate and recommend something affordably and different then B&W and Axiom. I had tons of cheaper gear (Onkyo, Onkyo Integra, Marantz, Harman Kardon) etc... and your telling me i dump on a system like usual? You need to get your so called FACTS straight mister.

So you dont like my atitude, or character. So what? I dont like yours either, wrongly quoting mindless crap and then you cant even spell the name right and go around attacking me and calling me a piece of ****?!? Are all your dogs barking?

Here where I lack some clear understanding. How can someone be a well respected member of an editorial team when he lacks a basic understanding of the film audio formats, the review system is really no better than a midfi system, there is no mention of acoustical control or any acoustical control system such as eq, or no basic understanding of the age and technology of the period when reviewing older DVD's.
Oh yeah, i guess when he makes the point its fine.

Get a clue dude

.Flo

Resident Loser
03-02-2006, 12:12 PM
...get involved in a thread from Aug. 2005...involving an argument between Lexmark(who has since been banned) and RGA...then cite an oblique equipment critique from TtT...talk about grasping at straws...and BTW when I see TtT "making a point" about something I disagree with, I'll have no problem making my POV widely known; been there, done that.

Insofar as itemizing the many times you have denigrated equipment you consider inferior and the folks who own 'em ...there isn't enough time in the day...lessee there was the thread where you threatened to quit, and the rant to us "knowledgeable guys", and the posts to arrogant poll, and you could even ask Bernd (in fact I recall providing him with specific links to your personality), or Wooch, or Worf, or TtT, or markw, or Geoff I think, or Bjorn, or topspeed...and the list goes on...and then we have the time we wanted to combine our post count with that of your previous nom de qwerty, the esteemed gas-bag, lord magnesia...

jimHJJ(...add idiot to my characterization of you, fertilizer-face...)

GMichael
03-02-2006, 02:04 PM

Looks like I was half right.

03-03-2006, 09:02 AM
:D You have seen it both ways, oh my god. Your even more funny then i imagines, its a NAME its a huge historical name and he was born in Austria (speaks german) and then was a dictator in germany, and your telling me your correct by misspelling the name since you have seen it somewhere like that? Give it up man!

On another note,

I usually dump on the systems, oh that is original. Please give me some links! In the gallery, and tons of discussions i have encouraged and positively commented on tons of systems regardless of price. I am one of the very few who congratulate and recommend something affordably and different then B&W and Axiom. I had tons of cheaper gear (Onkyo, Onkyo Integra, Marantz, Harman Kardon) etc... and your telling me i dump on a system like usual? You need to get your so called FACTS straight mister.

So you dont like my atitude, or character. So what? I dont like yours either, wrongly quoting mindless crap and then you cant even spell the name right and go around attacking me and calling me a piece of ****?!? Are all your dogs barking?

Oh yeah, i guess when he makes the point its fine.

Get a clue dude

.Flo

Florian, I would greatly appreciated it if you wouldn't bring me into this bloodbath. My comments were directed towards the little old printer, and were not made to be brought up in another completely unrelated post.