SF Domus Grand Piano [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SF Domus Grand Piano

pingpong
08-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi all,

Anyone heard the latest Sonus Faber Domus Grand Piano so far?

Would appreciate if you could pleave some comments or views.

Many Thanks!

Cheers

JonW
08-08-2005, 07:06 AM
I had a good listen last week. Clear and fine all around. You don't notice that they are there. But I also found them to not draw me in, either. Just nothing there. No magic. It's pretty subjective, I guess. For comparison, I found the Linn Ninkas to be MUCH more to my tastes- very crisp highs and mids, drew me in. That's what I like. And luckily the Ninkas are half the price of the SF's. Both speakers need a sub to be really great. I'm guessing others may say the SF's are the greatest speaker ever. We shall see.

pingpong
08-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Hi JonW,

Thanks for your feedback. May I ask what other gears were the SF Domus Grand Piano paired up with?

Many Thanks!

Cheers.

I had a good listen last week. Clear and fine all around. You don't notice that they are there. But I also found them to not draw me in, either. Just nothing there. No magic. It's pretty subjective, I guess. For comparison, I found the Linn Ninkas to be MUCH more to my tastes- very crisp highs and mids, drew me in. That's what I like. And luckily the Ninkas are half the price of the SF's. Both speakers need a sub to be really great. I'm guessing others may say the SF's are the greatest speaker ever. We shall see.

JonW
08-08-2005, 08:22 AM
I think it was just an Arcam AVR300 running everything. And the CD player was some fancy Arcam unit that plays both CD's and DVD's- sorry,I forget which one.

pingpong
08-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Thanks JonW. Appreciate it!

Cheers.

I think it was just an Arcam AVR300 running everything. And the CD player was some fancy Arcam unit that plays both CD's and DVD's- sorry,I forget which one.