New Displays [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Displays

steamboy 2
08-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Which new display anyone here is looking to buy next ?

LCD, PLASMA , DIRECT - VIEW, ETC.

Which is better to you ?

topspeed
08-07-2005, 02:55 PM
I preferred LCoS/D-ILA over any of the other types. The reasons I chose it over the competing technologies is:

1) Plasma runs too hot, has questionable life span and burn-in problems, and if a few pixels go, you're stuck with it or replacing the whole enchilada.

2) LCD's sde is really visable to me, especially during ball games. The artifacts drove me nuts.

3) CRT's are too big, too heavy, and have real problems with off-axis viewing and high ambient light rooms (like mine). Awesome pictures though.

4) DLP's were a very close second to LCoS. I didn't notice the rainbow effect myself, but because of my very bright room, the superior brightness of LCoS won out.

musicman1999
08-07-2005, 03:25 PM
just bought a toshiba 51hx84 crt.
still the best choice for picture quality.i does take up a lot of space however,but i can fit it in and dvd looks fabulous.
very happy
bill

steamboy 2
08-07-2005, 03:29 PM
For myself it's 3 of the 4

1. plasmas( i have already x out, too many of the cons out weight the pros )
2. lcd ( rear ) ( close, but still waiting for new and impoved models )
3. dlp ( the same as above )
4. crt ( i know that they are big heavy, but that picture! )

bottom line it's going to come down to pice and overall performace, picture wise crt still is better. i know that alot of people talk about size, but my home theater room is not very large & a 36 is much bigger than you think when it's at home. so i'm still unsure at least untill that blu-ray - hd-dvd nonsense is done & over i hope.

kbethune
08-07-2005, 10:35 PM
I just got a Fujitsu 50" Plasma HDTV. After looking at a bunch of TVs, I was the most happy w/ the Fujitsu's picture quality. TV watching hasn't been the same since!