Dish hd receiver? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dish hd receiver?

s dog
08-06-2005, 07:45 PM
I just got a dish 811 hd receiver, and i hooked up the audio to my denon 4800 with a optical cable. I went in to the set up menu in the denon and selected the optical setting for the satellite receiver. My ? is, what mode do i set the denon in when watch satellite , pro logic, or 7 channel stereo,ect. How do you tell if you are getting some form of 5.1 stuff ,I cant seem to be able to tell much of a differents from one setting to the other, Im useing the TV/DBS input on the back of the denon. It all sounds pretty good but i want to be sure im getting the best sound i can. thanks

LMB
08-07-2005, 10:11 AM
I just got a dish 811 hd receiver, and i hooked up the audio to my denon 4800 with a optical cable. I went in to the set up menu in the denon and selected the optical setting for the satellite receiver. My ? is, what mode do i set the denon in when watch satellite , pro logic, or 7 channel stereo,ect. How do you tell if you are getting some form of 5.1 stuff ,I cant seem to be able to tell much of a differents from one setting to the other, Im useing the TV/DBS input on the back of the denon. It all sounds pretty good but i want to be sure im getting the best sound i can. thanks
Your Denon should automatically pickup audio signal
Leave receiver on Dolby Pro Logic II setting

paul_pci
08-07-2005, 11:11 AM
The DSP setting is often a matter of taste; I prefer prologic for two channel tv sources. And you should be able to tell a definite difference between a 5.1 channel source and a matrixed two-channel source. If your Denon, which I believe it should, has a speaker diagram on its face-plate display, that should indicate which the source is: two or 5 channel. The display should also change from "prologic" for instance to dolby digital.

recoveryone
08-07-2005, 12:01 PM
To cut to the chase,all you need to do is set your Denon to auto select and let it do its thing.

s dog
08-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the help, I will give it a try