Help with Sony STR-DA777es !! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sony STR-DA777es !!

sgorak
08-06-2005, 12:17 PM
I've been having problems with my barely used Sony STR-DA777es. For some reason, the sound from the FRONT LEFT speaker is louder than the FRONT RIGHT speaker. I've done the following tests and still have not found a solution:

1.) Checked the speaker balance and it's fine
2.) Swapped the front speakers and still have the problem, therefore I concluded that the speakers were not the issue
3.) Swapped the audio input cables from the DVD player to the receiver and the sound is still louder in the left speaker.
4.) Changed the input from DVD to Video 1, 2, & 3 and still receive the problem
5.) Changed the input device from two different DVD players and an X-Box and still have the problem.

I have concluded the receiver is the problem...any ideas!?!?

Aldo WIngate
08-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Good conclusion, Einstein!!!!

The problem is the unit itself. Those Sony 777s are weak at best and alwasys cause problems for the saps that get suckered into the Sony advertising and buy them.

Do yourself a favor: give it away and buy something else. ANYTHING else is better than that ****ty Sony!

Who's your DADDY??????????

nick4433
08-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Good conclusion, Einstein!!!!

The problem is the unit itself. Those Sony 777s are weak at best and alwasys cause problems for the saps that get suckered into the Sony advertising and buy them.

Do yourself a favor: give it away and buy something else. ANYTHING else is better than that ****ty Sony!

Who's your DADDY??????????

Sit boboo sit. There, nice doggie!

nick4433
08-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I've been having problems with my barely used Sony STR-DA777es. For some reason, the sound from the FRONT LEFT speaker is louder than the FRONT RIGHT speaker. I've done the following tests and still have not found a solution:

1.) Checked the speaker balance and it's fine
2.) Swapped the front speakers and still have the problem, therefore I concluded that the speakers were not the issue
3.) Swapped the audio input cables from the DVD player to the receiver and the sound is still louder in the left speaker.
4.) Changed the input from DVD to Video 1, 2, & 3 and still receive the problem
5.) Changed the input device from two different DVD players and an X-Box and still have the problem.

I have concluded the receiver is the problem...any ideas!?!?

Looks like I have only one question for you. How did you check the speaker balance? Did you balance the speakers with the help of a SPL meter?
That is a mighty fine receiver you have there and I am surprised you have that problem. Have you tried setting the level of the left speaker lower than that of your right?