Panasonic DVD-F65S [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic DVD-F65S

brian_tr
01-05-2004, 03:33 PM
As long as I am upgrading my yamaha reciever to a V1400 I thought I would get a new DVD player as my old one only plays DVD's. I was looking at the Panasonic DVD-F65S on amazon.com for about $100. Anybody have any thoughts?

Technical data

In the box: DVD player, remote control, user's manual, stereo analog audio interconnect/composite-video cable
Disc capacity: 5
Progressive scan: Yes
Playback formats: DVD-Video (NTSC), DVD-R, DVD-RAM, red book CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3-CD, WMA-CD
Apect ratio control: Yes
Dialog enhancer: Yes
Integrated receiver: No
Multi-angle viewing: Yes (with applicable discs)
Black-level adjustment: Yes (part of Panasonic's Cinema Mode)
Frame advance: Yes
Still/freeze frame: Yes
Karaoke: No
Multilingual support: Yes (English, Spanish, French)
Recording capability: No
Reverse-frame step: Yes
Slow motion: Yes
VCR capability: No
Audio outputs: 1 stereo analog (left/right), 1 optical digital audio
Video outputs: 3 (composite-, component-, and S-video)
Surround-sound output: Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1-channel passthrough
THX-certified: No

uncooked
01-05-2004, 03:56 PM
awsome dvd player. i had one for 1 week but then i took it back becuase the layer changes ARE AWFUL ON IT. every single movie you watch there is like a 3 - 10 second pause on it. so i traded it in for a yamaha 5650 dvd player. more money but worth it for me. " i am very picky though" so if that doesnt bother you then i would definetely go for it.

JSE
01-05-2004, 05:17 PM
I've got the Panasonic DVD-F85. Same player except it has DVD-A and digital decoders built in. Otherwise, the same. I would look at it. It was about $15 more than the F65. The biggest advantage is DVD-A. For $15 or so more. It's was a no-brainer.

I also have the Yamaha 1400 but I have yet to hook it up due to a remodel of my house. :mad: Hopefully I will get it hooked up this weekend. The DVD player has been great though. No complaints so far with about 20 or so movies through it.

JSE

uncooked
01-05-2004, 07:11 PM
yes the 85 is ok. if im not mistaken they upgraded it to twin laser pick due to the layer change complaints. i would recommend the 85 for sure. they didnt sell it at the time but it worked out good for me. becuase i tried like 5 dvd players they gave me the yamaha for a really low price. annd my receiver and dvd player match now.