Does anyone here collect old components? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here collect old components?

Finch Platte
01-05-2004, 02:30 PM
I've got a few things "for sale." Actually, if you pay shipping (plus a few bucks for my time) they're yours. Better you than Goodwill.

Top to bottom:

Panasonic in-dash tapedeck/tuner. Yeah, it works. I took it out to put in my CD player. The power is severely lacking tho- you'd need an amp (it say 15 watts per channel x4 on the front).

BSR EQ/Spectrum Analyzer. Shore is purty at night.

Teac tape deck. Needs a belt, is all. Older than metal tapes, so don't try playing them on it. This thing is a frickin' workhorse. Stood me in good stead for a number of years. Would be great for the fambly room.

Kenwood tuner. This is a tuner by itself- it has no power- needs an amp/integrated amp to power it. Has separate wood sides. 3 buttons. From the days when you'd turn the tuning knob and it had some heft. Classic.

Lemme know. Don't dilly-dally.

fp
swagkingathotmaildotcom

Troy
01-05-2004, 04:02 PM
What, no 8-track recorder?

How much for the lovely powder blue blanket?

Dusty Chalk
01-05-2004, 04:10 PM
This pic is Ren &Stimpy in the dryer at the laundromat. Thought you'd like it and want to use it for your next comp cover.Dibs! (Besides, Troy likes to use his own photography. Plus, there's obviously no fish-eye lens on the camera...)

EDIT: Dagnabit, my response is before yours, and this makes no sense. When are they going to get that infernal timebug fixed?

PS I have both an EQ and cassette deck just like those, but not the tuner...I keep the EQ just for the light show -- great fun!

Finch Platte
01-05-2004, 04:13 PM
...and that lovely blue item is yours, free!!!

The green blankie is $13,076,231, US. Checks only.

fp

This pic is Ren &Stimpy in the dryer at the laundromat. Thought you'd like it and want to use it for your next comp cover.

Jefferson
01-05-2004, 09:08 PM
.....I was hoping for maybe some old mint Mcintosh tube stuff! :D

Finch Platte
01-06-2004, 05:23 AM
.....I was hoping for maybe some old mint Mcintosh tube stuff! :D

...that the car cassette player has tubes.

Ya wannit? ;)

fp

Dave_G
01-06-2004, 05:53 AM
I don't want or need any or that old electronc stuff, but if you have an extra copy of the new King Crimson dvd I will give you 5 dollars for it.

BTW we tacked 1.3 miles total on our new trail we just finished, except we have a pine beetle infestation which may alter the trail.

Dave

Worf101
01-06-2004, 07:39 AM
Got drunk and ah missed it!!! I use old gear all over the house. If it works It'll get hooked up either at my house or I'll get someone else the hook up. Glad to see stuff recycled and reused.

Da Worfster....

Stone
01-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Hey Finch, did anyone snag that Teac deck yet? I wouldn't mind having that. If it's still available, let me know how much you need for it.

Finch Platte
01-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Hey Finch, did anyone snag that Teac deck yet? I wouldn't mind having that. If it's still available, let me know how much you need for it.

I'll box it up, send it to you. You send me whatever it cost to ship, plus $5.

Howzat?

fp

Stone
01-06-2004, 01:59 PM
I'll box it up, send it to you. You send me whatever it cost to ship, plus $5.

Howzat?

Deal, mang.

BTW, there's a package on its way to you.