Klipsch Promedia 5.1 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch Promedia 5.1

lennydee5
08-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Heard quite a bit about these speakers, my customary speakers are logitech which sound terrific. Bought these speakers for my children (Big Gamer),the speakers came on and then would not come back on. Very disappointed, RMA back to Klip[sch to get my money back, I will sure stick to Logitech from now on. Has anyone had a problem from KLipsch ?

Florian
08-04-2005, 02:31 AM
Only the first revisions had problems with the BASH amplifier module. All the later ones were fine, mine worked like a charm. Amazing speakers for a PC

-Flo

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Only the first revisions had problems with the BASH amplifier module. All the later ones were fine, mine worked like a charm. Amazing speakers for a PC

-Flo

Word!!!

N. Abstentia
08-04-2005, 05:42 PM
I love the Klipsch Pro Media...they make Logitech sound like the el cheapo imitations they are :)

ericl
08-04-2005, 05:46 PM

-Flo

Coming from Florian, that's one hell of an endorsement!

anamorphic96
08-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Im using the Pro Media Ultra 2.0's which sound incredible for 99.00.

Been listening to these more than my main rig lately because there so damn fun.

abstracta
08-07-2005, 07:36 PM
The Klipsch speakers have reported sporadic problems with their amplifier unit, which appears to be the achilles heel of the system. The speakers themselves are built to decent standards.

I've heard all the higher end PC systems, and consider the Klipsch (to my ears) to be the best sounding. However, the leading contenders from Logitech and Creative Labs are only a couple notches lower - IMHO, they all sound very good in 2-channel mode, but I prefer the Klipsch.