Should Worf bring back his clever movie polls? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Should Worf bring back his clever movie polls?

kexodusc
08-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Been a little stale around this here forum lately.
I miss reading Worf's clever movie polls...he was on a roll for awhile, and then mysteriously stopped. Anyone else wish he'd bring'em back?

Lexmark3200
08-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Well I know I have been reviewing older DVD titles for all you guys in here, but when I get my hands on a new release, I will most certainly review it as I did with CONSTANTINE; there are other members who have said they enjoy reading the older reviews of older titles actually anyway and have told me to "keep up the good work"; I hope I am not contributing to your reference of the forum losing its freshness......thats certainly not my intention; in fact, I thought the reviews would bring some life back to the forums, as its doing on a few other sites I am the DVD reviewer for.....these other sites have told me my reviews are breathing new interest in the sites and generating much more activity; I was hoping that would happen here too.

I will review "newer" titles as the come across my desk, if thats what you would rather as opposed to the older titles, which Im doing raw DVD specificaton reviews mostly for; we can even suggest to administration that perhaps a SEPARATE forum be setup just for disc reviews so people can just go in there to read them if they want and instead keep this forum open just for cinema discussions in general.

paul_pci
08-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Yes, yes he should.

eisforelectronic
08-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Well I know I have been reviewing older DVD titles for all you guys in here, but when I get my hands on a new release, I will most certainly review it as I did with CONSTANTINE; there are other members who have said they enjoy reading the older reviews of older titles actually anyway and have told me to "keep up the good work"; I hope I am not contributing to your reference of the forum losing its freshness......thats certainly not my intention; in fact, I thought the reviews would bring some life back to the forums, as its doing on a few other sites I am the DVD reviewer for.....these other sites have told me my reviews are breathing new interest in the sites and generating much more activity; I was hoping that would happen here too.

I will review "newer" titles as the come across my desk, if thats what you would rather as opposed to the older titles, which Im doing raw DVD specificaton reviews mostly for; we can even suggest to administration that perhaps a SEPARATE forum be setup just for disc reviews so people can just go in there to read them if they want and instead keep this forum open just for cinema discussions in general.

I for one, don't mind your reviews, but there were just so many of them so quickly. Most of your reviews are pretty good reads, but I don't find myself needing to respond very often because you've said everything. Worf's polls were good for the forum because they made eveyone who posted have to think a little bit. The creativity kept it fresh.

Worf101
08-04-2005, 06:22 AM
Why, cause I'm an eeeediot!!! Actually I'm trying to be a leetle more selective with my polls, I was leaving out some obvious choices so I want to make them a little better informed before making any other ones. But I what just coming out with another today and your poll nudged me in the ribs real good. It's nice to thought of as "part of the gang". I appreciate that to no end...

Thanks for the love...

Da Worfster :D

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Why, cause I'm an eeeediot!!! Actually I'm trying to be a leetle more selective with my polls, I was leaving out some obvious choices so I want to make them a little better informed before making any other ones. But I what just coming out with another today and your poll nudged me in the ribs real good. It's nice to thought of as "part of the gang". I appreciate that to no end...

Thanks for the love...

Worf, have you gone 51-50 on us man? You have been part of the "gang" for the last hundred years..eerrr...long time.....oops...did I give something away????

Lexmark3200
08-04-2005, 10:57 AM
I for one, don't mind your reviews, but there were just so many of them so quickly. Most of your reviews are pretty good reads, but I don't find myself needing to respond very often because you've said everything. Worf's polls were good for the forum because they made eveyone who posted have to think a little bit. The creativity kept it fresh.

:( :( :( :( :(

Worf101
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Worf, have you gone 51-50 on us man? You have been part of the "gang" for the last hundred years..eerrr...long time.....oops...did I give something away????

I try to be humble and never assume I'm one of the "old guard" until invited. I'm like a skeeter, hangin' round, kinda annoying but I don't bite much. I don't do DBT's and soundtrack movies and have never made a movie, like you and Kam and Lex and Kex and dem. I just mostly see movies, install a few HT's here and there and basically "have fun". I can't assume that being a "gadfly" is important to foks, but perhaps it is.... as screw it I'm sounding almost profound. "Barkeep another round fer the house".

eisforelectronic
08-04-2005, 11:16 AM
I hope that didn't sound too harsh and I don't mean for you to stop your reviews at all.

GMichael
08-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Yes, Worf's polls are way cool. It's fun to see how the percentages work out.

Lex, Don't stop, your reveiws are good in a different way. You put a lot of detail into them and leave no stone unturned. I don't see your reviews as the same thing as Worf's polls. Many of his polls have nothing to do with DVD reviews.

Lexmark3200
08-04-2005, 03:23 PM
I hope that didn't sound too harsh and I don't mean for you to stop your reviews at all.

Okay.

Lexmark3200
08-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Yes, Worf's polls are way cool. It's fun to see how the percentages work out.

Lex, Don't stop, your reveiws are good in a different way. You put a lot of detail into them and leave no stone unturned. I don't see your reviews as the same thing as Worf's polls. Many of his polls have nothing to do with DVD reviews.

Thank you Michael.

steamboy 2
08-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Lex, You Are Still The Man !

Mike

dean_martin
08-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Been a little stale around this here forum lately.
I miss reading Worf's clever movie polls...he was on a roll for awhile, and then mysteriously stopped. Anyone else wish he'd bring'em back?

Hey, I've been on the road for a few days, but before I left I had the impression that Da Worfster was layin' low. Thanks for callin' him out! BTW, I voted "yes".

Worf101
08-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Don't stop reviewing DVD's I find it informative and helpful. Also sometimes controversial... You're doin' good...

Woochifer
08-04-2005, 07:29 PM
What would this board be without Worfster's polls? You got the most deft ways of encapsulating male obsessions (Star Trek vs. Star Wars, chick flick hating, Arnie flicks, Ginger vs. Mary Ann, etc.), can't leave it up to US to come up with appropriate family-friendly polls! We'd probably stop at stuff like "Poll: Highest Dead Body Count Movie!" or "Poll: Highest Naked Breast Count Movie!" But, we know that you do better than that! :D

Kam
08-05-2005, 06:05 AM
What would this board be without Worfster's polls? You got the most deft ways of encapsulating male obsessions (Star Trek vs. Star Wars, chick flick hating, Arnie flicks, Ginger vs. Mary Ann, etc.), can't leave it up to US to come up with appropriate family-friendly polls! We'd probably stop at stuff like "Poll: Highest Dead Body Count Movie!" or "Poll: Highest Naked Breast Count Movie!" But, we know that you do better than that! :D

Star Wars
Where the Boys Aren't XVIII

:D

Worf101
08-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Dems some great polls. I might actually have to used them. Particularly the former. It certainly has given me some things to think about. But this is a family show so the second one is out. But man am I laffin' hard right now. I'm dyin' here....

Da Worfster
:D

Lexmark3200
08-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Don't stop reviewing DVD's I find it informative and helpful. Also sometimes controversial... You're doin' good...

Thanks Worf......appreciate the input man!

Lexmark3200
08-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Lex, You Are Still The Man !

Mike

Thanks for the kind words Mike, I appreciate it.....I was only concerned because they said it was getting a bit STALE in here and I was hoping to turn that around with the reviews....

Smokey
08-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Should Worf bring back his clever movie polls?

I wish he get rid of that darn avatar before he do :D

Worf101
08-08-2005, 10:58 AM
I wish he get rid of that darn avatar before he do :D
From a bear in a campaign hat.... Pbbbbst and nuts to you fur face!!!!