The Redwalls are growing on me [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Redwalls are growing on me

ForeverAutumn
08-03-2005, 07:16 AM
My initial reaction to The Redwalls, De Nova was luke warm. It had some good songs on it, but I felt like it was missing something...a spark. Yet, it was good enough that I wasn't willing to write it off too quickly. So, I've continued to spin it over the last couple of weeks and I find it growing closer and closer to my heart.

I think that part of the problem here was that I bought The Redwalls and The Kaiser Chiefs on the same day. I listened to The Redwalls disk first and it was good. Then I listened to The Kaiser Chiefs and was complely blown away! If I had only listened to The Redwalls, I think that they would have made a better first impression on their own.

Another factor is that I had only listened to the disk in my car. Listening to it this morning, on a better set of speakers, I can hear that this is really a much better production than I originally thought.

This disk doesn't have a lot of hooks to it. None of the songs are really sticking in my head. Yet, everytime I listen to it I gain a better appreciation of the solid musicianship and vocals. It's a good production of solid tunes that are easy on the ear. After careful consideration, this could end up on my year-end top 10 list. With 5 months still to go, we'll have to wait and see. But my first impressions definately underestimated this CD.

I'm moving it up from my original 2 out of 5 smilies to a strong 3.5 out of 5.

:D :D :D :)