looking for active speakers recs to connect to a roku sound bridge wifi mp3 player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : looking for active speakers recs to connect to a roku sound bridge wifi mp3 player

angelman
08-02-2005, 08:49 AM
I have bought a Rokus soundbridge (streams mp3's from my pc through wifi to my living room) I am looking for some nice active speakers to connect to it., The room is quite large L shaped, wood floors and one wall of glass sliding doors.
I just wondered if anyone has any recommendations as to where I should start looking. The range of active speakers seems to be quite limited. Most are setup up for Home cinema or very high end.
Ideally I am looking for something around $500 or so I guess. It seems that studio monitors are probably the best area to look at.
I like the simplicity of just having the sound bridge plugged into the speakers, no extra boxes or wires, keeping it minimal!

JohnMichael
08-02-2005, 09:32 AM
I have bought a Rokus soundbridge (streams mp3's from my pc through wifi to my living room) I am looking for some nice active speakers to connect to it., The room is quite large L shaped, wood floors and one wall of glass sliding doors.
I just wondered if anyone has any recommendations as to where I should start looking. The range of active speakers seems to be quite limited. Most are setup up for Home cinema or very high end.
Ideally I am looking for something around $500 or so I guess. It seems that studio monitors are probably the best area to look at.
I like the simplicity of just having the sound bridge plugged into the speakers, no extra boxes or wires, keeping it minimal!

Check out Parts Express and their catalog. They have several lines of powered speakers. They are designed for monitoring or sound reinforcement. They are also reasonably priced. www.parts-express.com