Soundproofing My Sub I Think Is Somewhat Working [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Soundproofing My Sub I Think Is Somewhat Working

EdwardGein
07-31-2005, 12:41 PM
If anyone else has a scenario where they are living in an apartment & don't want to piss off the neighbors, I bought 2 AlphaIsolation Pads (Heavy Duty) at www.acousticalsolutions.com/products/isolation/pads.asp to put my subwoofers on (bedroom & living room) & I'm assuming this might be partially working because I haven't had a complaint yet in the apartment building I moved into (I'm on the second floor of a 3 story complex). They cost $125 each plus $35 for shipping & if you have no other alternatives left, you might want to try these out. I can't guarantee anything, for all I know I might be lucky so far, but if your up against a wall, you may as well try these out.

To give someone a laugh, I moved out of my apartment in Chatsworth, an LA suburb, because they were converting it to condos & at the time, wanted thought my 2 bedroom apartment would be offered for between $325,000 and $350,000 when they were authorized to sell them in a few months. Well the people who bought the building sold it to another place who plan to offer the 2 bedrooms (the only ammenity is a small pool) for $365,000. To me that's totally nuts & I doubt that they'll get many buyers at that price.