Television Suggestions? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Television Suggestions?

ninetynine
07-29-2005, 07:17 PM
I have a sony trinitron 27inch its about 10 years old, best tv i've ever had! I'd like to upgrade but i'm am totally behind in the televion world. From what I understand ( sony has ). tube tvs, plasma, xbr , projection tvs and hdtv. I have no idea how to deferenciate these. I would want to get a fairly big tv 30 inches and up. something that will be futureproof, I have about 2500 canadian to spend, so any suggestions?!! Thanks in advance.

EdwardGein
07-29-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm in love with my Mitsubishi 48" HDTV which I got for $1600 smackers here. This TV is a rear projection TV.

AVMASTER
07-30-2005, 06:36 AM
short answer:
Sony KD30XS955 $1200.00 us
30" crt high definition television with cablecard slot
any other choice would require additional info from you, i.e.
description of room the tv will be in
available space dimensions
viewing distance
signal source
source components

evil__betty
07-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Sony made its name in televisions, and still is a very large force in the t.v. world. When it comes to tube televisions, I firmly believe that they make one of the best. Their KV34HS420 is absolutly stunning on HD, but if you are looking for a larger screen, might I suggest looking into Hitachi. Hitachi's newest LCD t.v. have the sexy new look of being all black. I have sold t.v.'s for quite a bit now, and I have had nothing but success with these guys. I have never had one returned because a customer doesn't like it, and I have seen fewer Hitatchi's go in for service than almost any other brand. The 42V525 retails at $2499 CAN, and I am sure that you can swing a deal with a sales guy that you talk to. Just remember, we make our money on the percentage of the profit of the sale - so leave a little for us! We hafta eat too. Best of luck with your search.

Cheers!

gary135r
08-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Sony KD30XS955 awesome set.

Mr Peabody
08-13-2005, 02:29 PM
I've got the Sony widescreen 30", I can't remember the model number. It's the best TV picture I've ever seen. It also upconverts analog input sources to a higher resolution which really improves my old VHS. There are cheaper models than $1,200.00 but they don't have many of features the more expensive ones do. Mine cost about that and it includes a HDMI input and cable card slot as well as some other type of video slot, I think the one that is for still digital pictures. The sound is good and it offers several picture settings. I like mine on "vivid" but there is a "cinema" mode that makes the picture much darker. It seems most HDTV's offer this though.

The one thing I hate about the Sony TV is the remote. The lay out is totally unergonomic.

If you are going larger than what you had I also really enjoy my Toshiba DLP. It features the TI Mustang chip and has a fabulous picture.