Steve Howe - Spectrum [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Steve Howe - Spectrum

BarryL
07-27-2005, 06:50 AM
I picked up the new Steve Howe album. It gets off to a great start with an electric guitar zinger, but then it lapses into the usual Howe grab bag from blazing guitars to spanish new age muzak. The whole thing isn't bad for a Steve Howe album, and parts of it would make great foundations for Yes music.

He plays on this one with Tony Levin on bass, and his sons Dylan and Virgil on Drums and Keyboards. Rick Wakeman's son Oliver plays keys on some tracks.

Overall, it's a "nice" album for Howe fans only. Basically, it's more of the same, but better than his previous Elements.

Dave_G
07-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Are you going to go see the "More Drama" tour?

It's playing in your city.

Check out nftedotorg.

Dave

BarryL
07-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Are you going to go see the "More Drama" tour?

It's playing in your city.

Check out nftedotorg.

Dave

I'd like to see the final set where they play the Drama material. I love that album.

But the rest of it is just bar band material that doesn't interest me. It's a bit pricy for what it is. Plus it's one of those big outdoor venues, so if you don't get good seats, you just watch it on the big screen.

I'd pay $70 bucks to see Yes, but not $70 to see members of Yes play music I don't know.

Sorry to hear about your VHS loss. You must have been in a state of stupor during and now after the move! Hopefully things will pick up from here. Just make sure you don't sit around stewing and feeling sorry for yourself. Get your ass moving and live your life to the fullest, okay? Who knows, you could be the next Lance Armstrong!

BarryL
07-28-2005, 06:48 AM
If you know Steve Howe, you know that he can't sing.

The good news is that this is an entirely instrumental album.

MasterCylinder
07-28-2005, 08:07 AM
Even though I am a BIG Yes fan, I would not buy a Steve Howe album out of fear that there might be a recent photo of that ugly sum*****. In addition, the last few times I've seen Yes play live, he came across as an old grouch.

I hope the boys look like their mama.

BarryL
07-28-2005, 09:50 AM
the last few times I've seen Yes play live, he came across as an old grouch.

Hardly cracks a smile. But on the last tour, he seemed like a really happy fellow. It was good to see. Maybe that's because there was only one guitarist and Wakeman was back.