Sad. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sad.

Dave_G
07-26-2005, 06:25 AM
I recently had to move out of my house into an apartment.

I packed and packed and packed for three weeks preparing.

I checked and checked every cabint and closet to make sure I got all of my stuff.

Well guess what? Stupid me somehow overlooked my VHS concert video collection. I had at least 58 tapes that I had collected over the years. Rare Yes stuff, Marillion, Rush, Genesis, Tull, Kansas, etc. They were in a cabinet that supported my TV, and somehow I overlooked looking under there 1 last time.

My ex informed me that the "clean up crew" found them but decided that since I left them there that they were rubbish so they threw them all in a dump. Rather than being decent people and at least contacting me to see if I still wanted them...

Great, huh.

I'm still seething about it.

But, on a positive note, I did win the ABWH "An evening of Yes music Plus" on VHS off of ebay for $1.99!!!

On a negative note, one of my Rush titles I had was up at 70 dollars on ebay...

Regards,

Dave

ps - if any of you have old VHS concert videos you want to sell let me know.

Troy
07-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Wow, that sucks!

richmon
07-26-2005, 09:11 AM
If it's not too late, my Sherlock Holmes instinct's tell me that you'd find your tapes in the curbside trash, take a look there (if trash pickup hasn't happened yet).

Sorry to hear about your hard times, but on the bright side -can you come to Nearfest 1996 now?

C-Z
07-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Dang - that really does suck, mainly the irreplaceble ones

Not as bad, but I am missing a whole bunch of stuff since I moved out of my house last month - CDs, backpack, books, ...

I am also famous for leaving stuff in hotel rooms. All the clothes I have left could outfit most of the homeless in San Diego.

CZ

newtrix1
07-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Double OUCH! Dave, sorry to hear of your misfortunes :( Hope things swing back on the upside soon.
Keep searching, I bet sooner or later you'll find replacements for much of your lost stuff.

P.S.: If you haven't seen that download of Floyd's Live 8 performance and would like a copy on cdr, PM me. Hey, it'll be a modest start to a new video collection.

Slosh
07-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Hey, look at it this way. . . now you can replace those tapes with good music :p

Dusty Chalk
07-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Post a list, dude. As many as you can remember.

And sorry about your emotional loss, as well.

Hopefully, you still have your DVDs, no?

3-LockBox
08-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Break-ups and divorces are bad enough...but its terrible when the other party is vindictive about it.

Yeah, a box of VHS tapes and knowing how you feel about your music...gimmie a break.

I hope things turn around for you, fast.

BinFrog
08-04-2005, 12:06 PM
"On a negative note, one of my Rush titles I had was up at 70 dollars on ebay..."

Which one, might I ask?

Dusty Chalk
08-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Does it matter? Several Rush concerts are not available on DVD (Show of Hands, Grace Under Pressure, Exit Stage Left?)...

BinFrog
08-05-2005, 05:41 AM
Does it matter? Several Rush concerts are not available on DVD (Show of Hands, Grace Under Pressure, Exit Stage Left?)...

I would say it matters...maybe some people here (me included) could hook you up with copies if you were interested.

Dave_G
08-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Exit Stage Left on VHS was fetching high dollar on ebay.

That's one I'd love to have.

Got a great deal on Show of Hands off of ebay.

The titles I really want to replace most are:

Bunny Wailer - Live in New York
Styx - Return to Paradise
Styx - one of their older concert videos, it was in a mostly black case...
Yes - Keys to Ascension
Genesis - The Mama Tour
Genesis - the one with a mostly gray cover with like three dots on it...

Hard to remember them all...

I didn't have them listed either, dag nabbit.

But ya all of my concert dvd's made it to my new place so that's a good thing.

Ya also my split up has been a drain on me, we actually get along ok, it's not vindictive or anything, just 18 years down the drain kinda hurts, ya know...

Regards,

Dave