Lance does it again [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lance does it again

Duds
07-25-2005, 12:08 PM
This guy is amazing, 7 Tour De France wins in a row. I honestly think he could win a couple more. What an inspiration to people who have been stricken with cancer.

I have to laugh at the people who say things like "He rides a bike, big deal" or "Everyone can ride a bike." Or that idiot Norman Chad who calls himself a sports columnist, who wrote a column last week asking Lance to just lose this race because it would help mend our relations with France. Even if the guy was just joking, it was distasteful and a waste of space in any sports section.

Great job Lance, the tour will definitely miss you.

bjornb17
07-25-2005, 09:11 PM
This guy is amazing, 7 Tour De France wins in a row. I honestly think he could win a couple more. What an inspiration to people who have been stricken with cancer.

I have to laugh at the people who say things like "He rides a bike, big deal" or "Everyone can ride a bike." Or that idiot Norman Chad who calls himself a sports columnist, who wrote a column last week asking Lance to just lose this race because it would help mend our relations with France. Even if the guy was just joking, it was distasteful and a waste of space in any sports section.

Great job Lance, the tour will definitely miss you.

he's probably one of the greatest athletes alive, but of course most people pay attention the gangster-land that is the NBA, and lance doesnt get the credit he deserves.

His record will exist for a long long time, atleast 7 years, if you catch my drift ;-)

MomurdA
07-26-2005, 01:46 PM
First off, let me say this: I dont follow cycle racing. I only watch highlights of the tour de france every year because lance was in it and winning. That being said. It is the single greatest individual athletic achievement in the history of sports. Thats right, the history of sports. Nobody will do this again. Nobody will win 7 mvps in baseball, football, or basketball. Nobody will win 7 championships in a row for that matter. Nobody will win 7 Masters. Nobody will win 7 Wimbledons. Nobody will win 7 Nextel championships. Nobodys gonna win the Ironman 7 years in a row either. The guy is crushing guys 7-10 years younger than him in a grueling test of endurance. 2200 miles in about 2.5 weeks. Uphill half the time. Unbelievable. He has a hot girlfriend too, even though shes not a good singer.