Need NAD T 773 impressions and speaker recommendations [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need NAD T 773 impressions and speaker recommendations

nopat
07-24-2005, 06:55 PM
I was curious if anyone could give me any input on the NAD T773 HT receiver, especially how it relates to the Denon AVR-3805. Near as I can tell, it's about as perfect as you can get sonically for under $5,000. I was hoping to pair these to a set of B&W 602s and start piecing together a real home audio/theater system, and upgrade speakers as funds provide. Would there be a better stereo/front channel speaker to pair this with? Upconversion isn't that important for me, as I'll be running two video sources at most (TV and DVD, and I'm a purist on the latter). I'm most concerned with audio quality, both stereo (I do a considerable amount of listening to music) and multi-channel.

Obviously it'll come down to the demo, but I'd like a good reference point at least. Suggestions welcome.

N. Abstentia
07-24-2005, 08:48 PM
For $5000 you could get seperates which would be a huge step up from any receiver. I'd look into the Anthem AVM-30/MCA-5 combo which to me would be near perfection for $5000. I feel that once you reach the $1500 point it's time to take a step up an look into seperates.

kexodusc
07-25-2005, 05:59 AM
Definitely, for $5 K I'd be looking at some Bryston gear or something unless space is a concern.

Not to dismiss the NAD though, NAD receivers are built much like their separates, and the reality is they perform as good as NAD separates of similar capacity. You might also check out the 2 Arcam receivers...AVR-230 and 330 are the model numbers if memory serves.

nopat
07-25-2005, 12:29 PM
I meant to say that (which you guys picked up on pretty well) unless I extend my budget to $5,000 for separates, this is about as good as it gets for an integrated solution, at least that's what I've been hearing. I really want to get into something audiophile-grade and start to step out of the "one-stop" solutions. My budget for the receiver right now is about $1,500, and that's pushing it. If I could hit it closer to $1,000, that'd be great. I guess my real question would be, is the NAD worth it, in relation to the Denon line, given the type of speaker I'd be running, from an audio/HT standpoint?

N. Abstentia
07-25-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm not a big Denon fan in the first place (overhyped) so I'd definitely go NAD over Denon anyday. I'd also add Integra to the list.