Behringer or Edirol [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Behringer or Edirol

SpankingVanillaice
07-21-2005, 11:51 PM
I need to know what others think about this but which speaker is better for studio monitoring? The Behringer MS16 or the Edirol MA-10A

PAT.P
07-22-2005, 06:17 AM
I need to know what others think about this but which speaker is better for studio monitoring? The Behringer MS16 or the Edirol MA-10A
Your really starting to be a pain in the butt .OOPS should'nt say this to you after reading your profile.Get of the drugs whatever your using its affecting your thinking.My 8 year old son as more logic in is question and answers.Pat.P

Kaboom
07-22-2005, 06:40 AM
yeah i should also add that what says in your profile doesnt quite match your avatar... (and yes, I CAN judge that sort of thing)
as Pat.P said, get off the drugs or get off the forum...

topspeed
07-22-2005, 10:20 AM
OK, I'll play.

I have no idea what application you have for these tiny things, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I'm not a pro, but I believe for pro monitoring, you want ruler flat response. Now believe it or not, manytimes this is counter to what actually sounds good for listening to music in a domestic environment. SirTT and Mixadude are engineers, ask them what they use if this is what you are trying to achieve.

The MS16 offers response of (cough) 80hz-20khz, which is pretty lousy as you'll be missing a heck of a lot of information with a cut-off of 80hz. The MA-10a offers a claimed 45hz-35khz which is clearly better, although neither manufacturer states how the measurements were taken and no FR graphs are provided. If you really want to get serious with an active pro monitor, check into Genelec. I've heard these myself and while they won't win any beauty contests, they are serious speakers with serious sound.

Hope this helps.

PAT.P
07-22-2005, 11:37 AM
If you want near-field monitor ALESIS 720 DSP,ALESIS 820 DSP.In the Behringer line there B2030A and B2031A Truth ACTIVE Monitor.Im surprise you did"nt ask a question on JBL or Headphone on this post.Pat.P

SpankingVanillaice
07-23-2005, 03:32 AM
Ok guys I am serious about this since I am really planning to buy one of those speakers. I can only afford the Behringer MS16 or the Edirol MA-10A.

Kaboom
07-23-2005, 04:12 AM
I don't doubt that! but that's because i'm inherently trusty and good-willed. If you really want to be taken seriously by the people here, i suggest you edit your profile. It doesn't quite inspire a sense of "seriousness" in a forum about audio...

markw
07-23-2005, 04:37 AM
I don't doubt that! but that's because i'm inherently trusty and good-willed. If you really want to be taken seriously by the people here, i suggest you edit your profile. It doesn't quite inspire a sense of "seriousness" in a forum about audio......simply change your moniker to "spankingthemonkey"

SpankingVanillaice
07-24-2005, 12:53 AM
If I get the Edirol MA-10D is it worth to get the Edirol MA-20D?

markw
07-24-2005, 05:31 AM
If I get the Edirol MA-10D is it worth to get the Edirol MA-20D?Why would you need two pairs of speakers?

(Now I'm just having fun...)

This Guy
07-24-2005, 08:24 AM
If I get the Edirol MA-10D is it worth to get the Edirol MA-20D?
but are these real STUDIO monitors or home studio monitors? Could I use these for live studio recording? at home? In my opinion the Ritalin XC-900 would beat the Edirols any day, and they're cheaper.

PAT.P
07-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Ok guys I am serious about this since I am really planning to buy one of those speakers. I can only afford the Behringer MS16 or the Edirol MA-10A.
Wont have much of live in-home studio recording with those two .Pat.P