Urgent help needed - HK3480 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed - HK3480

sam2005_1980
07-21-2005, 06:51 PM
i recently bought a hk-3480 reciever from hkdirect on ebay with full factory warranty. It was working ok till yesterday.

The problem is that reciver is going in protect mode, every time i am turning it on. it is happening, even when i am not connecting any speaker or input to it. can i fix it at home, or i need to send it to HK shop?

please help me.... i have party on this saturday

PAT.P
07-21-2005, 07:12 PM
i recently bought a hk-3480 reciever from hkdirect on ebay with full factory warranty. It was working ok till yesterday.

The problem is that reciver is going in protect mode, every time i am turning it on. it is happening, even when i am not connecting any speaker or input to it. can i fix it at home, or i need to send it to HK shop?

please help me.... i have party on this saturday
Did you check if the impedance setting is set with value of speaker? You might have to reset to factory setting.Pat.P

sam2005_1980
07-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Did you check if the impedance setting is set with value of speaker? You might have to reset to factory setting.Pat.P

thank you, but i don't know how to do that, i am using athena ASF2 with HK3480

but the problem is that the reciever is going in protect mode even when nothing else is connected to it

PAT.P
07-21-2005, 07:33 PM
thank you, but i don't know how to do that, i am using athena ASF2 with HK3480

but the problem is that the reciever is going in protect mode even when nothing else is connected to it
Do this first unplug for 30 minutes if its reset and works its fine .If still malfunctioning press system power control after press and hold front panel mute for a least 4 sec .This is going to set at factory setting.You'll have to reprogram your receiver ect.If it does'nt work you have a problem.Pat.P

sam2005_1980
07-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Do this first unplug for 30 minutes if its reset and works its fine .If still malfunctioning press system power control after press and hold front panel mute for a least 4 sec .This is going to set at factory setting.You'll have to reprogram your receiver ect.If it does'nt work you have a problem.Pat.P

i tried both options, still no result. i would nee to talk with HK guys tomorrow, lets see what they suggest.

i was using it with my notebook, then when i connected it my comcast reciever, it worked fine for first hour or so, but next i tried to turn it on, this problem came up

jpcell
01-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, what did they suggest? The FAQ on their website is nonexistant, and this is the only thing google finds!

Dynasore
02-17-2007, 10:25 AM
I have the same problem now. Has anybody been able to solve it?

Greetz,
D