Axiom???? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Axiom????

ryanpreusser
07-20-2005, 10:49 PM
im very instrested in the axiom line of bookself speakers or their smallest floorstanding speaker. its really hard to tell if these are good speakers since you cant sample them anywhere:( does anyone have an experiance with these speakers? how do they sound what kinda sound is it how long do they last.
thanks
ryan

kexodusc
07-21-2005, 03:36 AM
im very instrested in the axiom line of bookself speakers or their smallest floorstanding speaker. its really hard to tell if these are good speakers since you cant sample them anywhere:( does anyone have an experiance with these speakers? how do they sound what kinda sound is it how long do they last.
thanks
ryan

Axiom use to be available in some areas at certain retail locations. I know they're still available in at least 2 stores, though I don't know if they mention it on their wepage.
A few years ago I bought the M3Ti's for a secondary system in my old dining room.

At first I was very displeased with them and I did write a rather unflattering review of them.
I've since completely flip-flopped on my opinion of the speakers.

Probably the first thing I noticed is that they don't deliver bass as deep as most other similarly sized models I'm familiar with. But they do have enough bass and what is there is well defined. Follow their recommendations on room size. In smaller rooms by little bookshelfs appear to hit harder because of room gain.

These are among the fussiest speakers to place, quite particular about toe-in to sound right IMO. But when you do find a good spot and angle for them they are a great sounding speaker. In my case it's either no toe-in at all or angled perfectly towards you. No toe-in presents great soundstaging and imaging, but it's a bit dull in the highs.

For an inexpensive speaker I think this particular model is quite competitive. I had previously owned Paradigm Titans and Mini Monitors over the years which were similar in size. The M3Ti's have the Titan's price but sound a bit better than the Mini's in my opion, just with less bass extension. The resolution in the midrange is a step up. Given that you'd pay about $100 more for the Mini Monitors I think the M3Ti's might be a better value, but if your a bit of a bass head and need a more full-range speaker, or have a large room and only want a small bookshelf, the M3Ti might not be right for you.

The M22ti seems to be quite a bit more popular as a large bookshelf, but it is a bit more money. I haven't heard it.

And that will be the real problem with choosing to go with Axiom. They do offer a 30 day trial, but I'm not sure if you'd have to pay return shipping or not. I personally think they're a good value if implemented right, and probably even better if you buy a complete home theater with a sub (but probably not one of their subs), but take my free advice for what it's worth...

dschoellkopf
07-22-2005, 12:27 PM
thanks
ryan
Hi Ryan. I have owned a pair of Axiom M22ti for two years now. I was immediately impressed with their midrange and I have thoroughly enjoyed these speakers when listening to Jazz and Classical music. I did get a HSU VTF-2 subwoofer shortly after buying the Axioms because the bass was a little thin when listening to rock. I now have the M60s which are great all around speakers. Axiom's customer service reps are very knowlegable and I have no reservations about doing business with this company. By the way, if you were to order the Axioms and choose to send them back within the return period, you will have to pay shipping. I am glad that I took a chance and ordered them. Good luck in your search.