Question for RGA [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question for RGA

StanleyMuso
01-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Hi RGA

In the post below about speaker longevity, you said "B&W uses Kevlar but I understand their life is not what one would expect either".

I would be most grateful if you would elucidate. I am about to go on the hunt for speakers, and the B&Ws are on my short list to audition. As I want a product which will last a long time, is there something I should know about the B&W's longevity?

Yours, or any other forum member's advice would be much appreciated. I will, of course, buy a speaker for its sound, but if there are reliability questions I would give it a miss.

Thanks

Stanley

pelly3s
01-04-2004, 09:35 PM
I don't know much about the life of B&W but I am offering a suggestion of what to check out if it isn't already on your list. I have been installing a lot of Jamo stuff lately and it has been very impressive. Also I am a huge fan of dynaudio, but the experience I have with them is only in the studio.

RGA
01-04-2004, 11:39 PM
There is no problem with B&W...the post below was meant to say that there is no advantage of going with Kevlar over say paper. They will not last any longer. It sounded like I was knocking them but that was my bad.

StanleyMuso
01-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Much appreciated.

Dynaudio is already on my list, but I'm always ready to consider other contenders before I buy, especially since I am not in a hurry.