Component Video [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Component Video

smittymike
01-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Ok here goes the next dumb question I have for you guys. I am using component video to conect my dvd to my tv. What is the component video on my receiver for? should i be running the dvd through this nand then to my tv? Will it help picture quality? You guys have been great with my dumb questions so far. thanks for any help.

richieb
01-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Your receiver can act as a video switching device. It is a convenience feature used in the way you describe.

sometimes the receiver will allow on screen display of menus by connecting the receiver directly to the TV.

As for picture quality, it certainly will not improve it. It will perhaps make it worse but likely by a margin most people cannot see. Its definately not that much of a difference unless there is something wrong with your receiver.

Hope this helps.

Worf101
01-05-2004, 06:58 AM
I have an Onkyo 797 on my High Def system in my bedroom. I use it's video switching capabilities and run my DVD's component feed and my HiDef cable boxes' component feed through the receiver. Just more convenient that way for me.

Da Worfster