Paradigm Parts [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm Parts

hondoman
07-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Hello Everyone -
I just blew a tweeter in one of my mini monitors. Wondering if anyone has a source
for parts or if it's just best to go to the local distributor.
Thanks !

PAT.P
07-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Hello Everyone -
I just blew a tweeter in one of my mini monitors. Wondering if anyone has a source
for parts or if it's just best to go to the local distributor.
Thanks !
You'll pay a premium at the dealer ,you might want to try to match it ( frequency,ohm,db)Pat.P

kexodusc
07-18-2005, 04:24 AM
You'll pay a premium at the dealer ,you might want to try to match it ( frequency,ohm,db)Pat.P

Paradigm claims they build their tweeters in house, with that crazy face plate, I don't doubt it.

Matching isn't a good idea unless you were to do both. There's a lot more than just FR, ohms, and dB to matching. A new tweeter would likely require a different crossover, as well as a different mounting technique.

This is a case were it might just be best to swallow the expense of a factory replacement.

PAT.P
07-18-2005, 05:40 AM
Paradigm claims they build their tweeters in house, with that crazy face plate, I don't doubt it.

Matching isn't a good idea unless you were to do both. There's a lot more than just FR, ohms, and dB to matching. A new tweeter would likely require a different crossover, as well as a different mounting technique.

This is a case were it might just be best to swallow the expense of a factory replacement.
Kexodusc I search the web and could'nt. find any replacement for is Paradigm .Funny thing went to my local speaker place and most of the speakers that he was repairing where Paradigm .Most of been at least 20 pairs waiting for parts and a least 10 pairs strip down to sell box.Pat.P

Woochifer
07-18-2005, 11:06 AM
As others have mentioned, the replacement tweeter for the Mini Monitor comes from Paradigm, since they make their own drivers. Paradigm drivers unfortunately are not available on the open market, you have to go thru one of their retailers or factory authorized repair centers. I believe that only their Cinema series models currently use third party tweeters that you might be able to replace if you know the manufacturer, and their older (pre-1997ish) models also used third party drivers.