What the fug is this Porcupine Tree disc? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What the fug is this Porcupine Tree disc?

Finch Platte
07-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Porcupine Tree: Warszawa

I was checking out their discography, and saw this- released early 2005. WFT?

Anyone know about it? Is it worth getting?

Thanks ad invance.

fp

DarrenH
07-16-2005, 08:16 PM
It's a live broadcast for Polish radio program III, Warsaw April 6, 2001. It's been available for quite some time. Much earlier than the 2005 date you mention. I bought my copy last year.

Pretty damn good if I say so myself. The music is mostly from Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun but this album includes an excellent, albeit shortened, recording of Voyage 34.

You like em Porcupine Tree? Go for it.

Dusty Chalk
07-16-2005, 08:54 PM
What? I remember it being all-instrumental noodling. Are you thinking of something else? Or am I? I'll have to find/dig my copy (out) and listen to it again -- I only listened to it once.

If it is the one I'm thinking of, it's probably the last PT disk from their entire catalog to get. For completists only.

DarrenH
07-16-2005, 09:16 PM
What? I remember it being all-instrumental noodling. Are you thinking of something else? Or am I? I'll have to find/dig my copy (out) and listen to it again -- I only listened to it once.

If it is the one I'm thinking of, it's probably the last PT disk from their entire catalog to get. For completists only.

Warszawa track list:

1. Even Less
2. Slave Called Shiver
3. Shesmovedon
4. Last Chance To Save Planet Earth....
5. Lightbulb Sun
6. Russia On Ice
7. Where We Would Be
8. Hatesong
9. Stop Swimming
10. Voyage 34
11. Signify

The original Voyage 34 is quite long and boring (four phases) but this 2001 recording is for only phase one which I happen to think is a pretty tastey version but your mileage will vary.

Troy
07-17-2005, 07:53 AM

I think you are talking about "Metanoia" which is all instrumental and basically the band doing improvised jams. Personally, I like it a lot. There are some dull and stupid moments, but some great ones too. For me "Voyage 34" is the one big dog in the catalog.

Warsaw is pretty good live stuff, much better than the XM broadcast live PT albums.

Dusty Chalk
07-17-2005, 09:12 AM
I think you are talking about "Metanoia" which is all instrumental and basically the band doing improvised jams.Oops, you're right, that's the one I was thinking of. Sorry Darren et al.