Help!!! Sub Problems [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Sub Problems

ryanpreusser
07-15-2005, 03:30 PM
i dont have a sub in line on my stero reciver....is there any way to get around that if the sub i have uses a sub in like....is there a converter box or component i can get to make this work..... Help please

PAT.P
07-15-2005, 03:55 PM
i dont have a sub in line on my stero reciver....is there any way to get around that if the sub i have uses a sub in like....is there a converter box or component i can get to make this work..... Help please
Is this a power sub?If not on back of receiver do you have tape out(rec) on one of my sub this is how I use it.I put Y from receiver (rca) and plug to this .Pat.P

ryanpreusser
07-15-2005, 08:24 PM
this is a power sub....the JBL e250p

poneal
07-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Although this takes more wire it gives you greater control over what the xover freq cutoff is. You just runs the speaker wires from your receiver to the sub amp. From the sub amp you run another pair to your speakers. Set the xover freq to say 80hz or so and play around from there until the speakers coexist with each other in harmony.

ryanpreusser
07-15-2005, 09:54 PM
the sub only has a sub out rca jack on the back.....

shokhead
07-16-2005, 04:36 AM
Upgrade one or the other. Or both.

markw
07-16-2005, 05:28 AM
If two, and should you use the tape monitor OUTPUTS on your receiver to feed the line level INPUTS on your subwoofer, you'll have to adjust the volume of the sub independently from the volume on the receiver. ...every time..

If the sub has only one line level INPUT, they you may or may not turn your stereo into a mono if you join the receiver's R/L tape monitor OUTPUTS with a jumper.

In either case, you're kinda screwed.