Aiwa or Sony ES cassette deck? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Aiwa or Sony ES cassette deck?

keithant
01-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I own a Sony TCK-677ES (1991) cassette deck and i am thinking of purchasing a Aiwa ADF-810 (Also made in 1991 but in mint condition) cassette deck both are 3 Head Closed loop dual capstan decks with pretty much the same features,my question is which one is a better deck for build quality and sound or overall a better deck?Peace,Keith H.

joel2762
01-04-2004, 04:04 PM
If I recall, Aiwa is made by Sony. It's the lower model. Made by Sony. So, I guess the logical answer would be that the Sony is better. Unless the features are different, etc..

yakkosmurf
01-05-2004, 10:06 AM
I too have heard that Aiwa is owned by Sony. A few years ago, I talked to a repair tech who told me that his experience was that Aiwa stuff was garbage. He said they are not well put together and very hard to work on. The worst products he worked on was their mini-systems. I wouldn't buy anything Aiwa, but that's just me.

joel2762
01-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Yea I like Sony stuff, but I know it's not the best quality. So, the lower line of Sony...I wouldn't wana know what that stuff is like. Which is why i've never had any Aiwa products. I agree with you. Aiwa is Junk. IMO

recoveryone
01-11-2004, 06:10 PM
I own a Sony TCK-677ES (1991) cassette deck and i am thinking of purchasing a Aiwa ADF-810 (Also made in 1991 but in mint condition) cassette deck both are 3 Head Closed loop dual capstan decks with pretty much the same features,my question is which one is a better deck for build quality and sound or overall a better deck?Peace,Keith H.
The last word in cassette decks would be the Dragon series by Nakamichi hands down:cool: But I like my 6 cassette player

yakkosmurf
01-12-2004, 07:05 AM
But I like my 6 cassette player
I don't even have 6 cassettes I listen to anymore. :D