Problem with low sound signal [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with low sound signal

FlyingV
07-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Hi all,

I have a problem with my stereo sound system that I was hoping some of you might help me with. I have a Denon DRA-375RD receiver that suddenly stopped functioning properly. The sound signal from the speakers is really low; if I turn the volume to max, the sound is barely audible. The same thing happens when I use headphones, meaning that the problem is not with the speakers or speaker cables (?) Also, there is no difference between using a connected Cd-player and the radio, and I have tried different outputs (tape, phono, video,cd-player). This means that the problem is in the receiver itself somewhere, doesn't it? The power supply maybe? Or with something else? Any tips?

Glen B
07-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi all,

I have a problem with my stereo sound system that I was hoping some of you might help me with. I have a Denon DRA-375RD receiver that suddenly stopped functioning properly. The sound signal from the speakers is really low; if I turn the volume to max, the sound is barely audible. The same thing happens when I use headphones, meaning that the problem is not with the speakers or speaker cables (?) Also, there is no difference between using a connected Cd-player and the radio, and I have tried different outputs (tape, phono, video,cd-player). This means that the problem is in the receiver itself somewhere, doesn't it? The power supply maybe? Or with something else? Any tips?

Before you start thinking the worst, check the MUTE function. It could have been turned on accidentally and you don't realize that its on.

mixadude
07-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Or perhaps a tape monitor circuit is engaged?