If you missed Pink Floyd @ Live8... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : If you missed Pink Floyd @ Live8...

topspeed
07-14-2005, 10:04 AM
...like I did, here is a link of their performance. Money, Breathe, and especially Comfortably Numb are vivid reminders of why I think they truly one of the greatest bands in the history of rock and why their concert at The Colosium is forever etched into my memory. IMO, Gilmour doesn't get half the credit he deserves for his axe work and his solo's are truly trancendental. If you're a fan, you'll love this!

Enjoy!

Enter http://music.aol.com/ and search Pink Floyd.

Mr Peabody
07-14-2005, 06:46 PM
MTV and VH1 are also going to air 5 hours of the Live 8 show this Saturday. You'll have to check listings, one of them starts in the morning and the other channel will air it starting in the afternoon. I didn't see it either but some of our local radio personalities were criticizing MTV's original broadcast saying they were talking and trying to be cool while the bands were playing. This new 5 hour broadcast is supposed to be all music.

Also I heard today that Waters put out a statement saying there will definitely NOT be a Pink Floyd reunion. But look how many "final" tours have turned out not to be so final.

I am also a big Gilmour fan. His first solo album was great. You might want to check out the band Cross, they are a Progressive Rock band that reminds me some of PF and they also display some tasty guitar work as well as being very tight as a whole. If not found at your local music bar try www.progrockrecords.com

topspeed
07-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the tip Mr. P. I'll look into them :). Right now, I think I'll pull out some old Floyd and give it a spin.

thepogue
07-17-2005, 06:15 PM
great stuff!!

Pogue

PAT.P
07-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Topspeed Thanks for the site info .Was up late listening at the bands.They must of let some of these guys out of the old age home.Motley Crue put on the beef,Killers were great,A-HA suck ,Green Day gave one of the best show in Germany .Lots of talent out there .Hope they make a DVD of this concert.Pat.P

Colin^
07-23-2005, 09:38 PM
:o)

hewo