Rock stars you used to like but now wanna beat over the head... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rock stars you used to like but now wanna beat over the head...

nobody
07-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Dave Navarro!

What the hell happened to him? He used to be that great guitarist for Jane's Addiction. Now, he's become an atrocious TV whore. First the Carmen Electra show on MTV...now he's playing the Paula Abdul part on the INXS show where you get to replace the suicide disaster singer they used to have.

I'd be happier if he just went back to shooting up and got the hell out of the public eye.

OK...who did you used to like and now hate?

(all member of the Rolling Stones are excused...too easy pickins there)

kexodusc
07-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Bono - Can only take so much liberal whining...There's a point when it starts to fall on def ears...I'm tired of hearing how bad the world is, and how bad I am for not changing it.

JSE
07-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Bono!

Your not freaking god and you don't know everything.

ForeverAutumn
07-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Coldplay. Although I like the music. I'm tired of them self-prophosizing that they're bigger than U2.

Um, excuse me Coldplay, but until you have your own iPod version...you're not all that.

Get over it.

newtrix1
07-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Sting: I'd love to see him & Bono duke it out in a 12 round heavyweight ego match!

Aerosmith: get off the wagon boys and start playing some good music again!

Yes: this band needs to get back to the 1970's and STAY there!

Roger Waters: cool, mysterious, intriguing songwriter becomes cynical crybaby b!tch (OK he gets some points back for the Live 8 thing)

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Thanks guys, I can never look at socks the same way again

Styx: country fairs?! I'd rather see them groveling for quarters on a street corner!

Stone
07-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Dave Navarro!

What the hell happened to him? He used to be that great guitarist for Jane's Addiction. Now, he's become an atrocious TV whore. First the Carmen Electra show on MTV...now he's playing the Paula Abdul part on the INXS show where you get to replace the suicide disaster singer they used to have.

I'd be happier if he just went back to shooting up and got the hell out of the public eye.

OK...who did you used to like and now hate?

(all member of the Rolling Stones are excused...too easy pickins there)

Navarro has really become a tool (or is now showing it publicly).

I'm not sure who to nominate except for Henry Rollins. I liked him even after he started the Rollins Band, but he is SO self-righteous and has also become a TV whore.

By the way, where the hell does Mike Love get off calling himself and a bunch of 20- and 30-somethings "The Beach Boys"?

Troy
07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
That would be Phil Collins. Old news, I know.

And Mr. Sting too.

Bono was ALWAYS a putz.

3-LockBox
07-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Bono has to take the prize, but honorable (or dishonorable) mention has to go to Henry Rollins, who fronted what was one of the last relevant punk bands of the '80s. I really questioned his constant participation in all those '70s, '80s, '90s pop-culture rehash shows on VH-1. Black Flag carried the torch for punk rock when it had all but vanished from the American conscience. Rollins Band was ok, but then he became such an ass-pony for VH-1 and MTV.

I'd also like to shoot Ozzy Ozborne with a tranquilizer gun to prevent him from damaging his legacy any further.

Snowbunny
07-13-2005, 01:46 PM
MADONNA!

Does anyone other than drag queens listen to her music anymore?

And who are the freaks who are buying her CHILDREN'S books? I can just see little Molly looking for some other books by her favourite author and discovering Madonna's sleazy SEX book!

And what's with all the celebrities implying that they have all the answers to our spiritual questions. And even worse, as soon as Madonna started espousing the Kaballah, it became a huge fad with the "ordinary" people.

Yeah, and what's up with Sting and tantric sex. There's a comedian who jokes "If you can have sex with your girlfriend for over six hours without climaxing - Did you ever consider that maybe you're GAY!

Snowie

JohnMichael
07-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Some of the best ones have already been named. I would like to add Rod Stewart. I enjoyed him in The Faces and his solo stuff during the Maggie May days. Then he went disco and is now doing the great American songbooks.

Wake up Rod I think I have something to say to you.

MasterCylinder
07-13-2005, 02:48 PM
What TROY & SNOWBUNS said !

And add Elton John.................belch !

MomurdA
07-13-2005, 02:50 PM
The following are not rock stars, but fall into the same worthless category.
Tom Cruise, Travolta, and the rest of hollywood who are 'Scientologists' (about 50% would be my guess) although i do agreee with their take on psychiatry.

Dusty Chalk
07-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Ozzy.

Old: Ozzy: No...no...please god help me... Me: Yes!
New: Me: No...no...please god help me...

daigoro
07-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Sting has to take the prize for me. The Police were such a great band. How did he become this pretentious lounge lizard? "I hope the Russians love their children too..." Blaaaahhhh!!!!

ForeverAutumn
07-14-2005, 06:03 AM
Ozzy.

Old: Ozzy: No...no...please god help me... Me: Yes!
New: Me: No...no...please god help me...

I don't know how I didn't think of Ozzy right off the bat. Prince of Darkness, indeed. More like Clown of Darkness these days. MTV turned him from Mr. Crowley into Mr. Rogers.

Duds
07-14-2005, 06:18 AM
What does Rollins do on MTV??

Bono has to take the prize, but honorable (or dishonorable) mention has to go to Henry Rollins, who fronted what was one of the last relevant punk bands of the '80s. I really questioned his constant participation in all those '70s, '80s, '90s pop-culture rehash shows on VH-1. Black Flag carried the torch for punk rock when it had all but vanished from the American conscience. Rollins Band was ok, but then he became such an ass-pony for VH-1 and MTV.

I'd also like to shoot Ozzy Ozborne with a tranquilizer gun to prevent him from damaging his legacy any further.