Noise Canceling Headphones [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Noise Canceling Headphones

SpankingVanillaice
07-13-2005, 02:26 AM
I just got the Sony MDR-NC6 headphones but does this headphone really cancel the sound well? I needed headphones that will cancel sound and when the power is off then I can hear everything around me.

markw
07-13-2005, 03:07 AM
I needed headphones that will cancel sound and when the power is off then I can hear everything around me.Here's a link to their description. read it carefully, very carefully. ...and try to comprehend what all those words mean when used together. take your time. Use a dictionary if needed.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=MDRNC6&Dept=audio&CategoryName=pa_PADepartmentAccessories_Headphones _NoiseCanceling

didja notice this part in particular?

"Reduce ambient noise, and provide a quieter environment to enhance audio entertainment. Ambient sound is synthesized with an anti-sound signal produced by the noise canceling circuit, and reduced (Over 10dB is reduced at 300Hz)"

How about this part? Did you understand this?

"Operates as Passive Headphones When noise canceling circuit is not activated"

Well then, don't turn off the power to the noise cancelling circuitry. D'oh!

DaHaq
07-13-2005, 12:56 PM
ha ha sweet

SpankingVanillaice
07-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Well I know that it cancels sound but I wanted to know if these headphones are great Noise Canceling Headphones.

markw
07-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Well I know that it cancels sound but I wanted to know if these headphones are great Noise Canceling Headphones.You bought the cheapest pair of noise cancelling headphones you could find. What did you expect?