Speakers question (about JBL) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speakers question (about JBL)

liviu
07-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Hello,

I have a question about a set of JBL speakers that I intend to buy.
Recently I have bought a pair of JBL E90 and I use them as front speakers in a room 20 m square with a Yamaha digital receiver.

My question is: would be wrong to buy also a pair of E10 and use them for back surround?
Some friend told me that the E90 are to big and will take over the E10 so I will not hear the E10 anymore.

Please comment on this issue.
Thanks

GMichael
07-13-2005, 05:48 AM
Hello,

Recently I have bought a pair of JBL E90 and I use them as front speakers in a room 20 m square with a Yamaha digital receiver.

My question is: would be wrong to buy also a pair of E10 and use them for back surround?
Some friend told me that the E90 are to big and will take over the E10 so I will not hear the E10 anymore.

Thanks

The E10's should be a good match for your surround. There isn't as much volume coming from your surrounds to begin with. The E10's should have no trouble with it.
Does your Yammie have the YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer)?
It should set your volume levels for you.

liviu
07-13-2005, 05:54 AM
The E10's should be a good match for your surround. There isn't as much volume coming from your surrounds to begin with. The E10's should have no trouble with it.
Does your Yammie have the YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer)?
It should set your volume levels for you.

You can have a look at my receiver here (http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/receivers/RXV457.htm) !
Thanks

liviu
07-13-2005, 06:12 AM
You can have a look at my receiver here (http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/receivers/RXV457.htm) !
Thanks

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, what I wanted to know is if the E90 will be so much louder(because they are so big) so the E10 will not be heard...

GMichael
07-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Maybe I wasn't clear enough, what I wanted to know is if the E90 will be so much louder(because they are so big) so the E10 will not be heard...

You should have no trouble hearing them. You can adjust the output to any of your speakers to match your listening position.

PAT.P
07-13-2005, 06:57 AM
Hello,

Thanks
Should have no problem.I have a pair of E10 and their great for the price.Pat.P

liviu
07-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Should have no problem.I have a pair of E10 and their great for the price.Pat.P

Thanks for the reply, I'll let you know what my experience with that :-)
See you

liviu
07-13-2005, 10:02 AM
You should have no trouble hearing them. You can adjust the output to any of your speakers to match your listening position.

Thanks

liviu
07-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Hello,

I have the E10 for one day already and it is my pleasure to say that they are amazing :cool:
LV

PAT.P
07-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Hello,

I have the E10 for one day already and it is my pleasure to say that they are amazing :cool:
LV
Make sure you give them time to break in and dont over power them.I played mine for at least 20 hours in the mid volume .Enjoy! Pat.P

liviu
07-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Make sure you give them time to break in and dont over power them.I played mine for at least 20 hours in the mid volume .Enjoy! Pat.P

Thanks for the info, I already heard that they need time to break-in but I didn't believe it, but it seems to be true, anyway, I am gentle.

My question is what shall be the distance between the each E90 and the TV/DVD to fit the best sound quality...I guess I'll run a few google queries.

Thank you

PAT.P
07-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the info, I already heard that they need time to break-in but I didn't believe it, but it seems to be true, anyway, I am gentle.

My question is what shall be the distance between the each E90 and the TV/DVD to fit the best sound quality...I guess I'll run a few google queries.

Thank you
liviu Only you are able to experience on your own turf.I toe my towers toward my seating .It all depends on your room size ,accoustic ,carpet .Only your ears will tell.Do you have a centre and sub ?Those E90 are pretty powerfull and crossover and db are pretty good .I have a custom made wall unit so my towers (2 ) on each side .Pat.P

liviu
07-19-2005, 11:15 PM
liviu Only you are able to experience on your own turf.I toe my towers toward my seating .It all depends on your room size ,accoustic ,carpet .Only your ears will tell.Do you have a centre and sub ?Those E90 are pretty powerfull and crossover and db are pretty good .I have a custom made wall unit so my towers (2 ) on each side .Pat.P

All my walls are made of bricks and the floor has parquet of wood :D

I have no Center and Sub. speakers (I didn't spent money in Sub just because the E90 has it built in)

Distance betwen each E90 and the TV/DVD is 1040 cm (I guess I need to move them closer) and the distance between me and the TV/DVD is about 2 m.
(a pic is attached)

PAT.P
07-19-2005, 11:21 PM
liviu If you want to enjoy HT you'll need a center I have the JBL 25 for know .Im in the process in building my own ,just wainting for my crossover to be formated and box size to be finalized .I would bring your towers a bit in .My Dalhquist towers goes down to 28 and still have 2 sub .Pat.P

liviu
07-19-2005, 11:25 PM
I would bring your towers a bit in .

You mean over the sofa or over the TV/DVD ?

PAT.P
07-19-2005, 11:35 PM
You mean over the sofa or over the TV/DVD ?
Closer to the tv/dvd they are sheilded so no problem try them around 2 feet each side of tv ,toe in toward couch around 15degree.Pat.P

liviu
07-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Closer to the tv/dvd they are sheilded so no problem try them around 2 feet each side of tv ,toe in toward couch around 15degree.Pat.P

Thanks, I'll play with the possition...

PAT.P
07-20-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks, I'll play with the possition...
I just bougth 2 month ago a Yamaha 7.1 and still experimenting with all the sound fields always room to learn.Enjoy .Pat.P

liviu
07-20-2005, 12:47 AM
I just bougth 2 month ago a Yamaha 7.1 and still experimenting with all the sound fields always room to learn.Enjoy .Pat.P

This is what I have found so far, so if you are interested this is the link:
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/index.php

PAT.P
07-20-2005, 06:13 AM
This is what I have found so far, so if you are interested this is the link:
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/index.php
Thans for info will surf into it .MyYamaha as the autoYPAO set up and its great .Might buy the RadioShack meter.Pat.P