DC output at Pre-AMP help !!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DC output at Pre-AMP help !!!

Florian
07-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Well i have a problem guys. After reconnecting my speakers i noticed that the left channel is quieter than the right one. After switching speakers, amps, cdp's it has to be the preamp. For some reason my left output shows a dc leak of 00.9mV and the right shows a 00.1mV output. How can i fix this?
Thanks

Flo

poneal
07-12-2005, 06:07 PM
If your not an EE and you really like it, I would take it in to a qualified technician. Figure about $150 minimum for labor and parts. This happened to my vintage pioneer receiver. Took it for fixing, broke, took it back, broke, thats it no more money spent on the beast. Now I just use the amp portion which works great. If it's an older unit, then you will most likely have more gremlins popping up over time. IMHO, buy another preamp and use the amp portion or just get a new one. Regards, Paul.

Florian
07-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks, i hope it will be something smaller. The preamp cost me 3200EUR and replacing it will not be in my current financial favour.

-Flo

Florian
07-13-2005, 03:55 AM
I have sent the unit for repair to Holland. The left channel dies, and since the preamp is a complete dual mono design it shouldnt be to hard to fix.

-Flo