TV effects due to my non-shielded speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TV effects due to my non-shielded speakers

shuss
07-11-2005, 11:25 AM
I have a pair of B&Ws that are not shielded. so they obviously cause rainbows on both sides of my CRT TV. Iam now switching to DLP which is projection. WIll i see the same effect too?

markw
07-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Those "rainbows" are caused by the action of the speakers magnets on the electron beams in the CRT. ...or drugs, take your pick. ;)

Seriously, without a CRT in the picture (pun intended), the problem should disappear.

Crimson Tide
10-11-2007, 10:38 PM
You can have speakers as close to ANY DLP-powered device and you won't have any problems. DLP is the ONLY PURE digital imaging system (with the possible only inclusion being LCOS, but I think not), with NO D/A or A/D conversion. DLP is really an outstanding system for so many reasons, but its total disregard for magnetic fields, humidity (up to 90%), burn-in (completely impossible), and its mean time between pixel failures (the first dead pixel is usually around the 100,000th hour, or 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for well over 34 years), recommendation by most DLP-based TV and projector vendors for outdoor usage, shock-resistance (because of a TOTAL inability to come out of convergence attributed to a SINGLE-PANEL display)not to mention the immense contrast ratios and the INCREDIBLE picture quality...

Your DLP TV will not be adversely affected.