Mission770's repairs? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mission770's repairs?

gumz
07-09-2005, 05:11 AM
Hi, I've got a pair of Mission 770's bought new in 1981, and the speakers need to be evaluated and probably have the speakers replaced. The cabinets are beautiful (I like them), and I hate to see them used as furniture. The tweeter does not work in one. Mission does NOT have anything to offer in terms of repair or replacement speakers (BAD!) for the 770's. Does anyone know of a good resource for getting these back into useful service? Thanxx.

Peter Duminy
07-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Hi, I've got a pair of Mission 770's bought new in 1981, and the speakers need to be evaluated and probably have the speakers replaced. The cabinets are beautiful (I like them), and I hate to see them used as furniture. The tweeter does not work in one. Mission does NOT have anything to offer in terms of repair or replacement speakers (BAD!) for the 770's. Does anyone know of a good resource for getting these back into useful service? Thanxx.
You may want to give these chaps a call here:

http://www.oaktreeent.com/Mission_Speaker_Parts.htm

Although those are parts for the 70 model, they may have what you are looking for or steer you in the right direction. If memory serves me right, SEAS made the drivers, and they are no longer making them anymore. That's why Mission can't supply you, which is unfortunate.