anti-vibration pod alternatives [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anti-vibration pod alternatives

daviethek
07-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Since looking for simple alternatives is a preoccupation of mine, I decided to try something new for vibration control. I went to Dick's sporting goods and bought 4 hockey pucks at 89 cents each. I put them under my CD player and even my wife ( who claims she cannot tell the difference in anything related to audio gear) says it sounds a bit cleaner and sweeter. I put a set under my Dynalab tuner and noticed a similar improvement also. Minor....but noticeable. I do not know what the difference in compression or composition is between a hockey puck and the rubber bumpers manufactured for audio but I'm suggesting they might be functionally close. The pucks don't look all that bad either. Go ahead, fire away guys, I can take it. ..........

JohnMichael
07-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Since looking for simple alternatives is a preoccupation of mine, I decided to try something new for vibration control. I went to Dick's sporting goods and bought 4 hockey pucks at 89 cents each. I put them under my CD player and even my wife ( who claims she cannot tell the difference in anything related to audio gear) says it sounds a bit cleaner and sweeter. I put a set under my Dynalab tuner and noticed a similar improvement also. Minor....but noticeable. I do not know what the difference in compression or composition is between a hockey puck and the rubber bumpers manufactured for audio but I'm suggesting they might be functionally close. The pucks don't look all that bad either. Go ahead, fire away guys, I can take it. ..........

Sounds good to me. I have also heard of using the balls used in handball cut in half under cd players. I am still using a set of Audio Technica isolation feet from the mid to late 70's. They still isolate well and the money I do not spend on new devices I can spend on music. If it sounds better it is better. I will give some a try. Thanks for the tip.

Kaboom
07-13-2005, 06:36 AM
hockey pucks sound hell sexy to me!
however i must admit i'm thorougly impressed with the VibraPods i'm using. However i might just go out and spend the 8 bucks to have a fun afternoon of experimenting!