Team America World Police [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Team America World Police

BRANDONH
07-08-2005, 12:20 PM
I watched it the other day.
All I can say is that its over the top in a good way.
Any thoughts anyone? :D

Worf101
07-11-2005, 06:34 AM
I expected more from these guys than this. The joke was funny but ran out of gas about 30 minutes in. Perhaps the "uncut" version would have been funnier but the local BB, didn't carry it. Sigh... What could've been...

Da Worfster :cool:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
07-12-2005, 07:36 AM
I know our resident klingon will shoot me in the big toe, but I really liked this movie. I laughed so hard I almost pee'd meself up. I thought this movie was genius. The movie makers never take themselves all that seriously, and I understood what they were trying to do with this movie.

The marionettes themselves are cool, using fully animatronic heads, the puppets had a full range of facial expressions, giving them the opportunity to add a lot more personality to their acts. Stylistic decisions like the decision not to remove the puppet wires and rods, shows a lot of maturity on Parker’s and Stone’s behalf. They had a very clear vision for this film and pulled it through no matter what The sets where off charts in the amount of detail given to them

I found the sound to be excellent, especially in the bass, dialog was clear and always understandable. I like this movie so much I bought both versions. The marionette sex scene between Gary Johnston and a female member of the team was so funny I just couldn't take it. In the unrated version, it is even more over the top.

Eh, maybe this is the irreverant side of me, but this movie was just plain fun.