Up-Conversion problem with Yamaha HTR-5850 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Up-Conversion problem with Yamaha HTR-5850

nubianbw
07-08-2005, 05:49 AM
I just got in my new Yamaha HTR-5850 receiver. Hooked it up to my new Sony (HDMI capable) DVD player with Componet cables. Hooked up my HD satellite receiever with Componet cables as well. Ran componet cables to my proxima projector, and Viola! HD signal comes through and looks great. So I go to hook up my x-box, that uses composite video, and I get no video from the projector. Now, even if the signal weren't as high as 1080i, I would at least get a picture. I got nothing. I hooked up a RCA cable to the Composite Monitor Out, and I see the X-box screen. So ok, video conversion is not turned-on. Went throught the settings on the receiver and it was ON by default. Tried the same thing with the S-video from the DVD and it didn't upconvert that as well. Am I missing something else, or is there something wrong with the receiver.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Dreadnaut
07-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Hmmm,

I have that same reciever and i love it, have had it for maybe a year now. I i have my xbox running into the reciever trough Hidef Componet cables and Componet cables coming out goin to my panasonic projector and everything is fine, and i havent touched that video conversion option on the reciever not knowing what it was for hmmm..

Sorry I couldnt help. My I do have same reciever and am running xbox with Componet cables and am havin no problems.

---Dreadnaut

PAT.P
07-08-2005, 01:07 PM
I just got in my new Yamaha HTR-5850 receiver. Hooked it up to my new Sony (HDMI capable) DVD player with Componet cables. Hooked up my HD satellite receiever with Componet cables as well. Ran componet cables to my proxima projector, and Viola! HD signal comes through and looks great. So I go to hook up my x-box, that uses composite video, and I get no video from the projector. Now, even if the signal weren't as high as 1080i, I would at least get a picture. I got nothing. I hooked up a RCA cable to the Composite Monitor Out, and I see the X-box screen. So ok, video conversion is not turned-on. Went throught the settings on the receiver and it was ON by default. Tried the same thing with the S-video from the DVD and it didn't upconvert that as well. Am I missing something else, or is there something wrong with the receiver.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Did you unplug receiver before hooking cable.Did you go to input menu to reassign digital input /output and select the input mode ?Where is your manual did you loose it.I have the HTR-5760.Pat.P