athena as f2 amp selection [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : athena as f2 amp selection

lasuperfan1
07-06-2005, 08:36 PM
I was wondering if someone could recomend an affordable ht receiver that would give me the capability to really get the most out of these speakers? I really love the speakers, but i think i could be getting more bass and midrange out of them with a better receiver. right now i have them running off of a 3 year old, entry level, jvc ht receiver.

PAT.P
07-06-2005, 09:15 PM
I was wondering if someone could recomend an affordable amp that would give me the capability to really get the most out of these speakers? I really love the speakers, but i think i could be getting more bass and midrange out of them with a better amp. right now i have them running off of a 3 year old, entry level, jvc amp.
Im sure your JVC is a receiver and not a amp.Our you looking for 2 channel or HT .Pat.P

lasuperfan1
07-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Sorry, i meant a jvc home theater receiver. I would like something with 7.1 so that I could run a couple speakers on my back porch also.

PAT.P
07-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Sorry, i meant a jvc home theater receiver. I would like something with 7.1 so that I could run a couple speakers on my back porch also.
I would go with a Yamaha ,I replace my Sony for a Yamaha HTR -5760 for only 399.00 Canadian (last year model).It has YAPO ,cross over for sub,on screen display ,all the feature you could use .Dolby Pro Logic 11 for DTS source ect,ect.Pat.P