Can this be possibly done? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can this be possibly done?

sun_bofu8
01-03-2004, 07:24 PM
There are some music/soundtrack from a DVD I watched and I want to get it down on a portable audio like CD, tape, or Minidisc. Is it possible to record (lined) from a TV ?

-Jar-
01-03-2004, 09:45 PM
doing it on a computer is kind of complicated. but my solution was to use my Pioneer component cd recorder to record the analog output from my dvd player. pretty simple. but if you don't have a component burner, then it's more tricky.

-jar

tugmcmartin
01-05-2004, 09:50 AM
For a few concert DVDs i have. Was fairly complicated though. I had to go to a friends house, use his DVD plugged into the line-in on his computer and then record the tracks that way in analog. The hardest part was that you had to do it in real time, like when recording to tape cassette. Once the tracks were on the computer it was pretty easy to burn them to CD. Not really hard i guess, but awfully time consuming.

Finch Platte
01-05-2004, 04:07 PM
...why can't you just record onto your MiniDisc recorder? Unless you only have a portable, but most of them record- why can't you just hook it up to the receiver and record as you would a tape deck? This is assuming you have your DVD player hooked up to your system (if not, why not?).

I can record from my DVD onto my MiniDisc player/recorder, because my DVD plays thru my system, and the MD will record that way.

Sorry if I'm missing something here.

Let me know if you want something recorded- all you have to do is send me the DVDs and I'll put them onto MDs for ya.

fp

sun_bofu8
01-05-2004, 07:02 PM
...why can't you just record onto your MiniDisc recorder? Unless you only have a portable, but most of them record- why can't you just hook it up to the receiver and record as you would a tape deck? This is assuming you have your DVD player hooked up to your system (if not, why not?).

I can record from my DVD onto my MiniDisc player/recorder, because my DVD plays thru my system, and the MD will record that way.

Sorry if I'm missing something here.

Let me know if you want something recorded- all you have to do is send me the DVDs and I'll put them onto MDs for ya.

fp

So you are saying the whole thing is very easy with a MD recorder. I'm thinking about getting one. Do you know how the sound quality of MDs compare with CDs?
Thanks.

Finch Platte
01-06-2004, 07:17 AM
So you are saying the whole thing is very easy with a MD recorder. I'm thinking about getting one. Do you know how the sound quality of MDs compare with CDs?
Thanks.

...That is, I have no problem with the MD sound quality- I can't discern it from CDs. And recording onto a MiniDisc is supremely simple, it makes recording onto a CD look like something NASA thought up.

Plus, the re-recording capabilities (a million times!). Plus, no skipping on portable MD players! And the portables are small- only a little bigger than the MD itself. I have NO troubles recording onto a blank, as opposed to a garbage can full of mis-recorded CDs. Sony is still behind the MD, as evidenced by the NetMD and extended recording times.

Blank MDS are much more expensive than blank CDs ($2 each if they're not on sale), but like I say, you can reuse them. That's the only drawback I can think of. That, and finding people to trade with :mad:

Hell, what have you got to lose? Here's a place similar to RR where you can ask more questions: www.minidiscussion.com

fp