Burnt out TV? Clicking noise? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Burnt out TV? Clicking noise?

Kam
07-03-2005, 10:25 PM
hi all!
I left my tv on and was in the other room, when i came back, i heard a slight clicking noise and the power light was flickering. No picture, the vcr, cable, everything else is working fine. I unplugged the tv, left it off for a while, plugged it back in, and without even hitting the power button, the clicking noise resumes.
I thought i smelt something burning, but i can't tell because my nose is stuff (what luck) so i dont really know if its the tv burnt something out or the neighbors are smoking pot again.

And then when i unplug it, after hearing the clicking noise, it fades away, it doesnt just end fast. it's a 31" magnavox that i've had for about 9 years now and its served its time, BUT, i'd like to keep it alive and not have to get a new tv if possible. any quick thoughts if it can be saved or if this sounds like a dead end?

thanks as always for the advice and any help.

peace
k2

drseid
07-04-2005, 02:51 AM
While I can't be certain in your case... I had what sounds like the same problem a while back... Clicking noise, no picture, burning smell.

The bottom line is the repair guys told me the picture tube was shot, and I had to replace my TV.

I am hopeful you do not have the same bad luck, but I have a bad feeling you may have the same problem that I did... :-(

Sorry,

---Dave

Kam
07-04-2005, 07:58 AM
:(
but i think you're right. i tried pinpointing the smell again, and it defn was coming from the tv. shot.

ugh.

thanks though!