Yo Money back!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yo Money back!!!!!!!!!!!!

oddeoowphil38
07-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Hey people hope you all have had a great holiday weekend thus far. Keep it fun but keep it safe as well. Ok now for my question. Of all the internet direct speakers brands out there has anybody here had ANY trouble with getting your money back after returning the speakers??? What kind of problems did you have? How was it resolved??? I noticed most offer a 30 day money back guarantee and few others a little less than 30 days. Why did you return the speakers??? Did you order from the same company and get a different product??? Please be as specific as possible and dont be affraid to be blunt. Also, when you got your speakers were they in good condition??? Any damage??? Just curious because they all seem to claim to have excellent customer service. Did any of you pay with a debit card??? If you got a refund how long did it take to get your money back??? Well, thank you for your time.
Phil

drseid
07-04-2005, 03:21 AM
Sorry to give the opposite answer to your question... But I have dealt with 4 Internet direct companies (ACI,Tyler Acoustics, AV123.com (a subwoofer gift for my Dad) and Outlaw Audio, and 1 company that only did business over the phone about 8 years ago (Legacy Audio)...

Out of those companies, I only had to return 1 product due to not liking it, and it was a pre/pro.

The company I bought it from (Outlaw) had tremendous customer service, and while I did not like the product (but most people would have, as I am very picky), I would easily recommend Outlaw from a customer service aspect to anyone who asked. There was absolutely no problem with getting a full refund from them, and they were not rude to me at all when I informed them of my reasons for the return.

The other 3 Internet companies, and the one phone company were all speaker purchases, and none of them went back, as I was happy with them all... I am confident that any of those companies would have been just as willing to refund my money if requested though...

I think you will find most Internet direct companies are above board...

---Dave

oddeoowphil38
07-04-2005, 04:54 AM
Hi Dave sounds like you have had good luck. Ty is a very nice guy. I plan on going and listening to his Freedom F-2's after the holiday. Have you by chance listened to the F-2's???? Have you ever listened to the Paradigm Studio 20's??? If you have heard both which did you favor??? Did you get to do an A/B test??? I asked Ty if her ever heard the studio 20 and he said he was not familiar with them. I wont be able to do an A/B test with them but I am extremely familiar with the Studio 20's. Any info would be quite helpful. Hope you have a good 4th.
Phil

drseid
07-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Sorry, I have heard every speaker and every line from Tyler Acoustics *except* the Freedom line... Ty did not have them out at THE Show in Vegas when I was there earlier this year (but he did have everything else, go figure)..

I am very familiar with the drivers used in the Freedoms though, and both the other Tyler Acoustics speakers and Paradigm sounds... If the F-2s sound similar to the rest of the Tyler lines, then they are going to have quite a different sound signature than what you are used to with the Paradigms.

Tylers tend to have a slight recess in the upper mid-bass that gives them a slight warm bias, while the highs extend well into the upper registers with a lot of fatigue-free detail. Lower bass tends to sound somewhat lean, but that is actually deceptive, as Ty likes to err on the side of "fast" bass, rather than "boom." Midrange sounds amazing with the Tylers, and female vocals in particular are incredible. Soundstaging should be a major strength... height and width, but the soundstage should not jump out into the room like some speakers. Imaging and resolution are both spot-on accurate.

Assuming the Freedoms do sound like the other Tyler lines (which all sound as I described above), then whether you prefer that kind of sound or not... only you can be the judge. In my case, I do by a large margin... but that is just me.

---Dave

oddeoowphil38
07-04-2005, 09:40 AM
I understand because the Freedom line is very new. Thanks for the info. Ty is a very nice guy and I am looking forward to meeting him this week. I will keep you all posted.