Another 2003 comp if ya want one... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another 2003 comp if ya want one...

nobody
01-03-2004, 12:17 PM
So, I'm a little behind most folks here. At least I beat JC. I finally got a 2003 comp together. As always, space constraints meant some good stuff got left off, and some stuff on vinyl meant a few of my very favorites for the year don't show up. Still, it's a pretty fun listen. I didn't get to into the discs in most cases, just grabbed the hits. This disc may not turn you on to much you haven't heard because of that, but it may be a good one to remind you of the year. Here's the track list...

7 Nation Army - The White Stripes
Are You Gonna Be My Girl? - Jet
Molly's Chambers - Kings of Leon
Tarantula - Los Straightjackets
When the Bells Don't Chime - Brian Setzer
Big Black Witchcraft Rock - The Cramps
Danger! High Voltage - Electric Six
Sedatives - TSOL
That Great Love Sound - The Raveonettes
Hey Ya! - OutKast (Andre 3000)
The Way You Move - OutKast (Big Boi)
Special Cases - Massive Attack
Faded - Muggs
Car Crash - Tricky
Go To Sleep - Radiohead
One Word Extinguisher - Prefuse 73
Oscar - Tosca feat. Anna Clementi
Stray Dog and the Chocolate Shake - Grandaddy
Such Great Heights - Postal Service
Hendrix with KO - Manitoba
Slow Jam - Four Tet

If ya want one, email me or send me a personal message through this board. As always no trade needed, but always apreciated. I'm falling behind on a couple other things I gotta mail out, so I'm planning a big post office day for next Saturday. If you want one of these, let me know before than if possible, so I can make one trip. And to anyone waiting on something from me, It'll be in the mail then as well.

Finch Platte
01-03-2004, 12:47 PM
I emailed you- if you don't get it, please let me know.

Thanks,

fp
swagkingathotmaildotcomp

Jim Clark
01-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Hope you kept the art work the same-it's awesome, right up there with a Designshed cover. My copy is just fine the way it is, the minor changes aren't enough to merit another copy. Plus I like mine just the way it is.

jc

chrisnz
01-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Hi, could I have one of those please? Got a lot of stuff I'd be interested to hear.

Thanks, Chris.

nobody
01-05-2004, 05:25 AM
No problem guys. They'll go out Saturday.

Jim Clark
01-05-2004, 07:07 AM
No problem guys. They'll go out Saturday.

Well, I was just about done with my year end comp but I see you used Such Great Heights first! Well, that's OK, I'll swap it out with This Place Is A Prison, which I considered using in the first place. Luckily we don't use the same Raveonettes track but our comps sure have some things in common, which I guess only makes sense.

jc

nobody
01-05-2004, 07:24 AM
Yeah...that's not surprising. There's pretty much overlap in the stuff we like. I was especially glad to see you liked this year's Massive Attack. I think it got a raw deal. Funniest thing to me was it seemed like from what I read about it, half the critics didn't like it because they thought it was too much like what they'd done before, and the other half didn't like it because it was too different. To me, that kind of confusion is a good thing.

Overall. one of the things I've listened to most this year, and I think it stack up well in their catalog. Besides, the bass alone is worth a listen. Incredible.

Snowbunny
01-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Hey nobody, I'd love a copy of your year-end comp! Lots of stuff I've been wanting to hear, like Raveonettes, Cramps and Prefuse 73. I'll pm you with my address.

Thanks,
Snowie

trauski
01-13-2004, 12:36 PM
hey nobody

thanks for the comp.found a few new toons from some groops i havent heard of. will send you something but wont be near as current as your comp.

nobody
01-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Glad it came. That was pretty quick, just mailed this weekend. Also, glad you found some things to like on there. Like I said before, no need for a return, but I'm always curious to hear what other folks out there are listening to, so if you wanna send something, I'd certainly appreciate it.

By the way, any tracks particularly stand out as good...or bad for that matter? Just curious where your tastes run and how the stuff goes over with others, no big deal.

trauski
01-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Glad it came. That was pretty quick, just mailed this weekend. Also, glad you found some things to like on there. Like I said before, no need for a return, but I'm always curious to hear what other folks out there are listening to, so if you wanna send something, I'd certainly appreciate it.

By the way, any tracks particularly stand out as good...or bad for that matter? Just curious where your tastes run and how the stuff goes over with others, no big deal.

the outcast tracks brought my 15 year old daughter down the stairs and away form instant messageing her friends which is tough to do. she thought i had bought that cd but was still stoked that her 2 favorite outcast songs where on there. i must say i liked them as well. also liked white stripes, electric six,prefuse 73, anna clememte, grandaddy. thanks again.

DarrenH
01-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Hi, could I have one of those please? Got a lot of stuff I'd be interested to hear.

Thanks, Chris.

Hey Chris,

Just curious but do you like Blodwyn Pig? Mick Abrahams blues based band formed after he left Tull.

Your avatar is from their Ahead Rings Out album cover.

Darren

Alung
01-14-2004, 06:23 PM
I'd love a copy of your comp.

Email me at > conraylea@aol.com < for my address please.

Thanks,
Ray (Alung on AudioReview)

chrisnz
01-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey Chris,

Just curious but do you like Blodwyn Pig? Mick Abrahams blues based band formed after he left Tull.

Your avatar is from their Ahead Rings Out album cover.

Darren

Hi Darren, sorry if this took some time to reply but I didn't notice your post until just now. I'm having some familiarisation issues with the new bulletin board format ;-)

I had no idea where the avatar was from originally. I just shamelessly stole it from a guy on the Cakewalk Sonar forum.

I'm sure I must have heard some Blodwyn Pig in my time but it's not really ringing any bells and I've never owned any albums by them... but I probably would have loved them back in '72!

Regards, Chris.