Bumpershoot//DEVO [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bumpershoot//DEVO

3-LockBox
06-30-2005, 09:39 AM
I was reading about the Nike/Minor Threat debachle and read about this year's bumpershoot (which fittingly means umbrella) in Seattle Washington. DEVO is slated to perform this year. I woulda done backflips about ten years ago over this but now, in 2005? DEVO? I guess I could take my kids, point to the lead singer and say, "There's the guy that does the music for 'Rug Rats' 'Wild Thornberries' and 'Rocket Power' ". I'm not that familiar with the rest of the bands appearing this year though...'Decemberists' 'Ted Leo/Pharmacists' 'Sun Volt', among others.

Maybe I'll actually attend the Bumpershoot this year. Any insight on the type of music I'd hear?

KEXPMF
07-06-2005, 08:23 AM
I was reading about the Nike/Minor Threat debachle and read about this year's bumpershoot (which fittingly means umbrella) in Seattle Washington. DEVO is slated to perform this year. I woulda done backflips about ten years ago over this but now, in 2005? DEVO? I guess I could take my kids, point to the lead singer and say, "There's the guy that does the music for 'Rug Rats' 'Wild Thornberries' and 'Rocket Power' ". I'm not that familiar with the rest of the bands appearing this year though...'Decemberists' 'Ted Leo/Pharmacists' 'Sun Volt', among others.

Maybe I'll actually attend the Bumpershoot this year. Any insight on the type of music I'd hear?

It's actually Bumbershoot (with a 'b' instead of 'p').
I highly recommend this festival (and this is advice coming from someone who's attended MANY music festivals). I will be going this year (my 4th time)... and Seattle in early September is NOT at all a bad place to be weather-wise. :cool:
www.onereel.org is the website

Dave_G
07-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Devo in concert is no joke.

They just played here and they are excellent live, they are as good as any rock band out there these days.

You should go and enjoy them.

Dave

Stone
07-07-2005, 11:08 AM
And Ted Leo + Pharmacists are a great live rock band.