what song would you choose??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : what song would you choose???

thepogue
01-03-2004, 10:48 AM
you've got the car of your dreams...an open road...no police....now all you need is music....

Two questions....what are your driving (or riding) and what song is playing?

I'll choose mine after a while....

Umrswimr
01-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Ohhh, that's easy.....

"I...

Can't Drive......

FIFTY-FIVE!!!!

jbangelfish
01-04-2004, 08:43 PM
A Ferrari might be nice but any vette is fun to drive and the newer ones make it easier to hear the stereo. I'll think about the song. Lot's of good driving songs.
Bill

Worf101
01-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Since I own a pretty classy convertible... I'd be driving my '56 T-Bird listening to Junior Walker and the Allstars singing "I'm a Roadrunner Baby". What can I say... I'm old school.

Da Worfster

piece-it pete
01-05-2004, 01:47 PM
from Cleveland I'd be driving through the great plains - flat and looong - I'd be driving a big'ol convertable, say Lincoln 4 door listening to, maybe, City of New Orleans: (I'd prefer black:)

piece-it pete
01-05-2004, 01:53 PM
..heading into the Appalacians, off the Highway, maybe a V-12 e type playing "Maybellene":

tullymars
01-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Well my love is of the two wheel kind,Im long time Kawasaki owner so give an ole 1978 Z1R,(thats the bike Ive yet to get my hands on) and some.....Jimmy Buffett,his tunes always take me away!

arc_light
01-09-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm with ya.
Z1R........spent a bit of time on one that my buddy owned. Tighter rig than my CBX, but a tad less power.
My current ride is a spankin' new 1000 Gixxer. My buddy is holding out for the new 10R.

jbangelfish
01-10-2004, 11:57 AM
But how bout the Easy Rider soundtrack? Lots of good road tunes on that one. For something newer, Limp Bizkit, Rollin, makes you feel like driving. Actually Limp Bizkit has alot of good road music.
Bill

trollgirl
01-10-2004, 06:48 PM
...tooling down some rural two-lane blacktop in my old 1974 AMC Matador (the one with the big, round headlights and the pointy hood) coupe - fully restored. I've had better cars, such as my Acura Integra, which was quicker, and better handling, BUT the Matador, of all the cars I've owned, felt the most like a natural extension of my body.

For the music, any bouncy, happy, tune, as long as the musicanship is good: Varttina, 3 Mustaphas 3, Vasen, whatever...

Laz

joel2762
01-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Dark Blue, Fully Loaded, Dodge Durango comin thru! I'd probably be listening to some Queens Of The Stone Age, I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness, some good 80's stuff. And everything else. On a Sony X-Plod system! :cool:

topspeed
01-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Pete,

The only problem is the e-type would never make out of town :)

topspeed
01-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Straight ahead with the horizon as the next waypoint, I'd have to say the M-B 600 Pullman (it had a chilled decanter in the dash kids!).

If the road was twisting it would have to be a '66 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 NART Spyder. Without a doubt the most beautiful of all the Pinin Farina designs.

The song for is easy: "Radar Love" by Golden Earring.

Of course, with the Spyder I doubt I'd be listening to anything outside of those glorious Webers!

piece-it pete
01-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Pete,

The only problem is the e-type would never make out of town :)

On a nice day, I could go for a cruise AND take a nice walk lol!

Pete

(Cursing the Jag all the way - these parts cost HOW MUCH and I put up with it WHY?:)

tullymars
01-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Where I ended up on a open road

tullymars
01-28-2004, 02:03 PM
File to large

topspeed
01-29-2004, 09:46 AM
On a nice day, I could go for a cruise AND take a nice walk lol!

Pete

(Cursing the Jag all the way - these parts cost HOW MUCH and I put up with it WHY?:)

Pete, you are too funny!

I actually grew up w/ a '72 V12 E-Type. You'd put up with it for the same reason my ol' man did; because it's rolling artwork. Universally praised as one of the best expressions of automotive design...ever. Then again, after stranding my dad in San Francisco for a weekend (Stranded? In a Jaguar? Nawww!), it didn't appear quite as striking when viewed from the bottom up (as when on a lift).

He sold it the following week.

Woochifer
01-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Back in high school, I probably would've leaned towards ZZ Top's "Eliminator" album.

Nowadays, open road music just depends on my mood. The two tunes that immediately come to mind are "Xpander" by Sasha, and "Big Red Rocket" by Reverend Horton Heat.

Also, for a roadie to Vegas, I can only think of that scene from "Swingers" where the Trent and Mikey are pulling onto the Strip, with "With Plenty of Money and You" by Tony Bennett and Count Basie blaring. "Vegas baby!" classic!