Thank you Topspeed [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Topspeed

GMichael
06-30-2005, 05:48 AM
Hey Top,

I have to thank you for posting and reposting this thread on speakers. (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=10906)

When you fist started this thread I was very new here (still am I guess). Most of the names and models brought up were completely unheard of to me. Back in the day, I was under the impression that JBL, Kilpsh and Infinty were the best you could get.
The second time you posted this link, I started to recognize some of the models in it. Now that you posted it again yesterday I read it again. This time I not only recognized the names but was thinking to myself, "yup, heard those, yup, those too, yup, listed to them in Albany, yup, yup, yup..."
Your link has helped my realize how much this site has been teaching me.
Thank you.

topspeed
06-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Great.

Now I'm stuck in my office because I can't fit my head through the door. I knew I should have installed that urinal...

Thanks G. Thanks a bunch.

(mumbling) where the hell did I put that cup?

GMichael
06-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Great.

Now I'm stuck in my office because I can't fit my head through the door. I knew I should have installed that urinal...

Thanks G. Thanks a bunch.

(mumbling) where the hell did I put that cup?

Would it help if I called you an &@$%!!!? How's your head now?

twochannelsonly
08-19-2005, 11:11 AM

HEHEHEHE...LOL
A plastic liner in the trash can helps.

Duds
08-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Where'd you go when you were here? Clark Music? Oasis Audio? Hippo's? Marcella's?

Hey Top,

I have to thank you for posting and reposting this thread on speakers. (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=10906)

When you fist started this thread I was very new here (still am I guess). Most of the names and models brought up were completely unheard of to me. Back in the day, I was under the impression that JBL, Kilpsh and Infinty were the best you could get.
The second time you posted this link, I started to recognize some of the models in it. Now that you posted it again yesterday I read it again. This time I not only recognized the names but was thinking to myself, "yup, heard those, yup, those too, yup, listed to them in Albany, yup, yup, yup..."
Your link has helped my realize how much this site has been teaching me.
Thank you.

GMichael
09-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Where'd you go when you were here? Clark Music? Oasis Audio? Hippo's? Marcella's?

Sorry, missed your question from last month. I was in Oasis Audio. They had two big Maggies on the sidewalk. We had to walk between them to get in. What a great way to prove a point. After we got in the guy showed us a pair of MC1's. Also nice. The Totems sounded great too.
The guy there was very nice and showed us every piece they had there even though I had told him that we lived close to NYC and wouldn't be buying anything from him.