I Bought 901 Bose!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I Bought 901 Bose!!!

swgiust
06-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Yesterday I was down at the local 7-11 and a white van was parked outside. The guys
approached me and said they had some factory direct 901 Bose speakers. Well these
guys didn't know what they were talking about. They had 901 of the little cube speakers.
So I bought all 901 of them (for $1.00 each). I now have a wall of sound. I also got a few
1000 watt amps (I think they go to cars) with them. Since hooking up 901 speakers
requires alot of speaker cable, I came up with this ingenious idea. I used tin foil on the
wall for a common ground, that way I only have to hook up the + side, really works great.
(and the sparks add a nice effect at night!!)

JohnMichael
06-29-2005, 06:40 AM
Yesterday I was down at the local 7-11 and a white van was parked outside. The guys
approached me and said they had some factory direct 901 Bose speakers. Well these
guys didn't know what they were talking about. They had 901 of the little cube speakers.
So I bought all 901 of them (for $1.00 each). I now have a wall of sound. I also got a few
1000 watt amps (I think they go to cars) with them. Since hooking up 901 speakers
requires alot of speaker cable, I came up with this ingenious idea. I used tin foil on the
wall for a common ground, that way I only have to hook up the + side, really works great.

This is the second time I missed out on the good speaker deal. I was down the alley buying a Rolex off of a guy who had them hanging on the inside of his raincoat.

JoeE SP9
06-29-2005, 06:50 AM
(and the sparks add a nice effect at night!!) All you need now is one of the early CD players and you'll have perfect sound forever to go along with your "901's"

GMichael
06-29-2005, 07:24 AM

You guys are too much. Is that the gold plated tin foil? Have you tried the titanium foil made by Acme? I hear it's the best.

bjornb17
06-29-2005, 07:57 AM
You guys are too much. Is that the gold plated tin foil? Have you tried the titanium foil made by Acme? I hear it's the best.

Acme is alright, but the new Monster Tin is the best. The package says that it "extends high range extension and delivers deeper, tighter bass." I think that's your best bet.

GMichael
06-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Acme is alright, but the new Monster Tin is the best. The package says that it "extends high range extension and delivers deeper, tighter bass." I think that's your best bet.

Sorry, still boycotting Monster. I used to take Monster chewable vitamins each day but they had to be taken off the market due to a frivolous law suit. I'm still very bitter.

JohnMichael
06-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Sorry, still boycotting Monster. I used to take Monster chewable vitamins each day but they had to be taken off the market due to a frivolous law suit. I'm still very bitter.

I wonder why Monster is not suing the people that send all the ads on Hotmail promising to Monster size a part of the anatomy.

Resident Loser
06-29-2005, 09:14 AM
...some more blind, pig ignorance...

jimHJJ(...as he asks "but tell us how you really feel"...)

GMichael
06-29-2005, 09:27 AM
How nice.

mixadude
07-24-2005, 10:29 PM
LOL, hillarious. :D

I gotta tube mic here, it's from rat shack and has a paper towel core gaffed on.