Microsoft, Toshiba to jointly develop HD DVD players [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft, Toshiba to jointly develop HD DVD players

Geoffcin
06-28-2005, 04:15 PM
TOKYO, June 27 (AFP) - US computer software giant Microsoft and leading Japanese high-tech maker Toshiba on Monday said they will jointly develop high definition DVD players.

Full story;

http://www.physorg.com/news4758.html

Woochifer
06-28-2005, 05:07 PM
I guess that's another point in Blu-ray's favor!

Last thing I need is M$' bloated operating system having anything to do with my home entertainment system! If this partnership goes through, then they might as well rename HD-DVD to something more appropriate like Blu-screen! Blu-ray or Blu-screen -- what would you rather have?

paul_pci
06-28-2005, 10:42 PM

Last thing I need is M$' bloated operating system having anything to do with my home entertainment system! If this partnership goes through, then they might as well rename HD-DVD to something more appropriate like Blu-screen! Blu-ray or Blu-screen -- what would you rather have?

Amen.

kexodusc
06-29-2005, 04:38 AM

Holy Hatred Batman!
That's the most fired up I've seen you outside an RGA post.

I see little upside or downside on this move...I'd be surprised if Blu-ray doesn't do the same.

I'm still holding out for a last-minute deal between these two camps, I can't see Blu-Ray winning this battle despite the few advanatages it offers. The market want things cheap, fast, and easy...Blu-Ray seems to be behind in all three.