The Decline of British Sea Power... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Decline of British Sea Power...

Jefferson
01-03-2004, 06:36 AM
Well I finally got my hands on this one, I had to have Streetside in Columbia order it in for me.

I've only had time to listen to it a few times but so far so good.

I had heard some interesting things about this before actually hearing it but what I'd been told was pretty accurate, it's a good debut album for them.

It's heavily influenced by the 70's & early 80's and that's a very, very good thing! ;)

So far I'd say the infuences that seem obvious to me would be Bowie , Mission of Burma and Echo & the Bunnymen and since those are 3 of my favorites it's not going to be a problem giving these guys a good listen.

Jim Clark
01-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Well I finally got my hands on this one, I had to have Streetside in Columbia order it in for me.

Jefferson, no Best Buys in Jeff City? I kind of figured that their stock was fairly consistent throughout the area but maybe not. All of the stores in the KC area stock the title.

Well after all these years I finally have a neighbor on the board. Don't that beat all. My younger brother lives in Fulton and his wife travels to Jeff City for work everyday and that about covers my tenuous ties to your particular area. Welcome to the board, hope you enjoy your stay.

Regards,
jc

Jefferson
01-04-2004, 05:30 AM
Hey Jim,

Yeah I guess we are neighbors of a sort. I have two younger brothers that live in the KC area. One lives in Overland Park and the other in Platte City north of the airport.

As for Best Buy, I know we don't have one in JC and I'm not aware of one in Columbia. I've traded at Streetside for years so anything I can get there I will, those guys have been very helpful over the years. I bought my first Echo & the Bunnymen album there years ago, must have been about 1982.

So do you have "The Decline of British Sea Power" Jim? If so what do you think of it?

Cheers

Rick (Jefferson)

Jim Clark
01-04-2004, 10:03 AM
So do you have "The Decline of British Sea Power" Jim? If so what do you think of it?

Cheers

Rick (Jefferson)

Yep, I have it and ranked it number 3 for my top 10 of 2003 which is posted somewhere on this page. Think I'm going to have to bust it out again today.

Regards,
jc