'UNLOCK' prompt on Sony DE945 reciever... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 'UNLOCK' prompt on Sony DE945 reciever...

rideit
06-26-2005, 08:47 PM
We had a power surge, and ever since, my Sony reciever will not play through the speakers. It briefly displays an 'unlock' prompt before going to the standard display, but will not play. Any ideas, folks?

PAT.P
06-26-2005, 09:10 PM
We had a power surge, and ever since, my Sony reciever will not play through the speakers. It briefly displays an 'unlock' prompt before going to the standard display, but will not play. Any ideas, folks?
Did you try headphone to see if there any sound? Did you unplug it and replug it?You might have to clear the receiver memory to reset to factory setting after you will have to readjust all setting on receiver.

rideit
06-27-2005, 09:44 AM
I tried all of the above, no luck...any other ideas out there?

Resident Loser
06-27-2005, 12:02 PM
...when I say this but...have you checked the owners manual or called SONY re: this error code or whatever it is...there may even be a specific "reset" command or series of keystrokes required...

jimHJJ(...power surges are not good, generally speaking...)

rideit
06-27-2005, 12:07 PM
manual is useless, it does not even include 'remote control' in the index!! Forget about it adressing an error code...thanks anyway...

steamboy 2
06-27-2005, 12:44 PM
I own the sony's 835 model and once had that problem, and what i found out is the wire's sometimes get loose and my sony will display unlock & if you adjust them they will be fine , but i'm not sure that will help.

hermanv
06-27-2005, 02:40 PM
How about you unplug it (don't just turn it off) wait a few minutes and plug it back in?

My second thought is about a anti-theft circuit like so many car stereos, after power is removed you must enter a code (with the remote) to re-enable the receiver?

PAT.P
06-27-2005, 08:28 PM
I read another story like this but for Sony DE 930 ,he brought it to the Sony store and something about 14 "sticky" fuses. If you have no sound from even the headphone and you tried everything I would try to removed casing and check if there a fuse that is burnt.And do unplug the receiver .Pat. P

PAT.P
06-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Found another site www.agoraquest.com this site is a Sony exclusive .Again for STR-DB930 he had 2X9 v fuse change and all fine .The post was 2003-7-06 by thehamster.Pat.P