Help with matching speakers to a receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help with matching speakers to a receiver

Susie Q
06-26-2005, 03:51 AM
I purchased a Pioneer HTD 530DV system last Christmas that has a dvd player built in. What a mistake the dvd player already has told me no disc. I sent it back and the laser part was replaced. Well it happened again and I'm ready to do something. So I got the speakers that came with the unit & a Panasonic dvd player. So I just need a receiver that will be compatible. How do I go about this?

steamboy 2
06-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Is the pioneer unit a all in one with a receiver built in & speakers too?

Susie Q
06-26-2005, 09:30 AM
yes it is

steamboy 2
06-26-2005, 10:27 AM
You might be better off with buying a unit by it self . receivers & speakers comes in all shapes & sizes,but it depends on how much you are able to spend. good products can be pretty cheap if you know where to look. try sites like www.pricegrabber.com that will give you many chocies your looking for in terms of price & product reviews.So if you take your unit back & get your money back try some where else or try the site above.

i hope things work out for come back and let me know

mike

Susie Q
06-27-2005, 01:23 AM
So are you saying don't use the speakers I have now even though they work. Buy a package deal of a receiver and speakers? Thanks.

markw
06-27-2005, 03:06 AM
...if the 5 speakers are hooked up directly to the receiver using the normal speaker cables, and the subwoofer is hooked up the receiver using a round RCA type plug, then you should be able to use any standard receiver.

If you could relate how the speakers are hooked up to the unit (or each other), then perhaps we could give better advice.

Susie Q
06-28-2005, 01:26 AM
All 5 speakers plus the subwoofer is hooked up with just speaker wire. So is this good or bad? I do have the manuel if you need more specifics. Thanks again.